Discuss Cost of CU swap out in the Business Related area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

lurch

-
Reaction score
Hi

I am hopefull of generating some work with a kitchen company. One of the areas there fitters wont touch is CU chnages. Typically what is the going rate you guys would charge? I am thinking in the region of £450.00 subject to survey and any additional works on top to bring the existing install up to scratch. This would include a 12 way split CU with 2 x 30ma RCDs, 10 MCB's and new 25mm tails.

My way of thinking is to charge time and materials on top of the swap out for any defects.

Let me know what you think . . . . cheers

Not far off i reckon.

You should also make the customer aware that faults and/or any non conformities if any, will need addressing at extra cost.

I start at £350.00
If main bonding is required & is easy to sort I include in the cost, if it's a little more involved then add £150.00

Any inherant faults with the installation are extras & priced accordingly.

quick question. . . . although I have said I would replace tails, if this is not done and they are already 25mm but red and black would this picked up by an assessment body?

Reply to Cost of CU swap out in the Business Related area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock