Discuss Could someone check this wiring diagram? in the Electric Underfloor Heating Wiring area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

That doesn't look right, you appear to have three different supplies interlinked in the system, the supply to the boiler and the supplies to the ufh.

Also the HW and ufh seem to be linked in some places

There’s just one supply, my bad diagram.
There’s L,N&E all running upstairs as well, off main junction box, I just left them off to make clearer.
Will pop them on.

Yeah the HW Pump & Stat also heats the CH coil in the tank, so needs to be on when the CH is on.
This is only bit I’m not sure of, I was assuming as the UH8 is volt free it won’t be issues, when just the HW is in.

Is there not a valve for the HW and why is there another UFH pump?
No valve presently, hence having to link Ch onto the HW via junction box on the volt-free output of the uh8. Plumbers looking at old system this week and see if there’s scope to improve system and add 2-port valves. System has a custom made, odd water tank setup.
There’s a UFH pump for downstairs manifold and a pump for the upstairs manifold.

Reply to Could someone check this wiring diagram? in the Electric Underfloor Heating Wiring area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock