Discuss Covid-19 How are we doing? in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

Anyone feeling unwell?

• I am as healthy as ever

Votes: 51 85.0%
  • I am unwell with suspected covid 19

Votes: 2 3.3%
  • I have had it and recovered

Votes: 3 5.0%
  • A member of my family has had it or is currently unwell

Votes: 5 8.3%
  • I know someone who has died from it

Votes: 3 5.0%

• Total voters
Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

I think golf is another one you could do physically distanced assuming you were being your own caddy. I'm not actually a fan of either golf or fishing, it's just that logically speaking you can keep your distance from others while doing them.

Any others we can add the list of distance sports? Shot put? Javelin? o_O
both the anglers association and the golfing fraternity are at present petitioing the government along the same lines of argument.

I think golf is another one you could do physically distanced assuming you were being your own caddy. I'm not actually a fan of either golf or fishing, it's just that logically speaking you can keep your distance from others while doing them.

The trouble is you are likely to encounter people at some point on the journey to or from the activity.
If driving you will inevitably have to stop for fuel at some point and meet more people.

With any activity there is a risk of accident or injury that could result in you having to get medical help and being exposed to more people.

Plus the virus survives on surfaces for a couple of days, the places you go may he devoid of people, but you could still pick up the virus.

Thing is, if you’re driving back from your fishing or golfing trip and have a car accident and injure yourself or someone else, you’re then exposing the emergency service to additional burden and risk.

playing devil's advocate, both the 2 points above would also apply in "normal" life, before corona. in fact with hardly any traffic on the roads at present, the likelyhood of a RTA is much lower than normal.

But the point is you could do, and golfing isn’t an essential activity.
you could argue that it's excercise. also good for those who indulge as mentally advantageous.

My golf course is a 10 minute walk from my house. I could easily take my clubs and play a few holes without meeting anyone at close range, so I advocate some relaxation...except i don't really. As soon as you allow one sector to carry on, you open the proverbial flood gates. However, i do use the golf course for my daily walk, and a huge bonus is walking the whole course without losing any balls, which is a first for me!
On another point entirely, my wife has taken on the sewing of "scrubs bags" for NHS workers, and also making fabric masks with twin pockets allowing insertion of extra material to help spreading droplets etc. The scrubs bags allow the scrubs to be carried home and laundered at 60 degrees, and the masks are just an extra layer of protection for people who have no access to "commercial" masks at present. Nicola Sturgeon has advocated the use of such masks, and demand has rocketed h ere in Scotland. People donate old sheets and pillowcases and other spare fabric, and my branch of the Men's Shed is collating the collection and delivery of the cloth to those who are engaged in the sewing process. My wife delivered 50 masks yesterday, and 20 scrubs bags, and is working flat out on her numerous sewing machines to try to produce as many as possible. She has been inundated with requests, and money! She tells folks she does not want any money, but instead to donate to good causes, and the level of donations has been incredible.
I am delighted by the attitude of so many, including my neighbours...I fixed the door-entry system 2 days ago...the buzzers were erratic, and at a time when so many home deliveries are taking place this was quite important. It was an easy job, took 15 minutes, but each flat gave me a tenner to donate to a charity. For fun, I even replaced the 2 bulbs which illuminate the push-buttons and which apparently burned out 10 years ago! (Thanks to RS who had the replacements at my door in 2 days...I just don't know how long they will last, being on 24/7, but maybe someone on here could advise?)
Anyway, covid-19, how are we doing? I think many are coping well, and those who are not so fortunate can be assured there are many people out there doing whatever they can to contribute something. I salute you all.

Good on you mate...

(Thanks to RS who had the replacements at my door in 2 days...I just don't know how long they will last, being on 24/7, but maybe someone on here could advise?)

We used to have problems with incandecent bulbs in pushbuttons that kept burning out so we used slightly higher voltage ones. they lasted longer.
Now we are using LED's so we don't have a problem.
What was the RS part number?

12V LED with a suitable series resistor. couple the LED to a 12V source and measure the current. then you can determine the VD required across the resistor and hence it's value.

I'd be interested in an LED equivalent

I've messaged you with a few LED 24v ones. I don't want to take the thread off topic...... Not that I would ever do that...

I am garden bitch for the last 4 weeks
on the upside regular food is supplied, I have also nearly finished the dolls house for youngest daughter, she is 33 now, its never too late
fixed my motorbike pannier frames that I broke 3 years ago
tidied the garage out and found my classic car
and am now building a mud kitchen
I have also washed and waxed the batmobile, and sorted all my tools out
yay
oddly all that dosh Bojo promised me has not been forthcoming ??
never mind my holiday money will corm in useful

Reply to Covid-19 How are we doing? in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock