Bulk Workwear - Clothing Suppliers for the Whole Forum Network
This official sponsor may provide discounts for members

Discuss Creative Ideas.. Smart Stuff in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:  American Electrical Advice Forum

I'm scratching my head for a way to get a timer bathroom extractor to work in the normal way but with a LightwaveRF Gen 2 switch. Clearly it would be impossible to wire to the switch in the normal way due to how LWRF works.

I'm convinced it wouldn't work 'electrically' and my only idea is to use the LWRF switch as a trigger and use something like IFTTT to switch the fan on via a LWRF Gen 1 relay thingy then delay the switch off when the light is turned off.

Or... just have a separate switch for the fan and operate it manually!

Test Meter - Forum Sponsors since 2007!

littlespark

-
Arms
Esteemed
Advent Win
Separate switch for the fan.
From experience, a LWRF switch will operate an extractor fan, as long as you don't play around with the dimmer too much, Just turn it on or off.
Don't know if it works through a transformer. It was a 230v fan I saw.
Cant you use a timed fan? or are you trying to use the LWRF equipment as the timer

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Using a timed fan but I'm not sure the LWRF would like being connected to it. They always bang on about this and that damaging the switch.

CK Tools :) The professionals choice when it comes to Electrical Tools

Reply to Creative Ideas.. Smart Stuff in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Aico 3000 Range
Top Bottom