Discuss Creative Ideas.. Smart Stuff in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
I'm scratching my head for a way to get a timer bathroom extractor to work in the normal way but with a LightwaveRF Gen 2 switch. Clearly it would be impossible to wire to the switch in the normal way due to how LWRF works.

I'm convinced it wouldn't work 'electrically' and my only idea is to use the LWRF switch as a trigger and use something like IFTTT to switch the fan on via a LWRF Gen 1 relay thingy then delay the switch off when the light is turned off.

Or... just have a separate switch for the fan and operate it manually!

Separate switch for the fan.
From experience, a LWRF switch will operate an extractor fan, as long as you don't play around with the dimmer too much, Just turn it on or off.
Don't know if it works through a transformer. It was a 230v fan I saw.
Cant you use a timed fan? or are you trying to use the LWRF equipment as the timer

Reply to Creative Ideas.. Smart Stuff in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Hi, I want to wire in a timer switch to a bathroom extractor fan. The extractor fan is currently wired to the light switch or more specifically...
Replies
Views
I have a fairly typical setup of the light on my landing being able to be controlled by both a switch on the landing and a switch at the bottom of...
Replies
Views
Sorry for the long first post, I wanted to be as thorough as possible. On my landing I have a 2-way switch setup, one of which is 3-gang, one of...
Replies
Views
Hi, I've just had some electrical work completed in the bathroom; I've recently refurbished the bathroom, replacing the old electric shower with...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I have a slightly mish-mash heating set up, in that downstairs I have wet underfloor heating with an individual thermostat per room, but...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock