Discuss Crimping Tool in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

S

SKY

Hi All

What do we think of this CK crimping tool? CK Crimping Plier 0.5-6mm | screwflix..com

Need to purchase a good quality one for good joints.

Thanks

Hi All

What do we think of this CK crimping tool? CK Crimping Plier 0.5-6mm | screwflix..com

Need to purchase a good quality one for good joints.

Thanks
Is this one not the same just cheaper?

Ratchet Crimping Tool 1.5-10mm² | screwflix..com

Looks identicle to me?!

TBH I have them Sky and also the black SWA branded ones. The SWA ones dont print a number but do crimp better - they seem matched for the crimps. Can I point out that the pre-insulated butt crimps from screwfix are terrible. I had trouble with them holding - adjusted the crimpers - no luck, called CK and they said they had loads of complaiints about the screwfix ones. I only get the SWA ones now for both crimpers.
Hope this helps.
Regards, David

Tool Trays-TTCP04 - Teng Tools 4 piece Ratchetting Crimping Tool set

I've used this on and of for a few years .
I like the interchangeable heads
Here's the specs:
TTCP044 piece Ratchetting Crimping Tool set
(265x142x50mm, 0.80 kilos)
Changeable ratchet crimping toolfor insulated terminals 22-10 AWG
(0.324 square mm - 5.261 square mm)
Die for non-insulated open
barrel connector, commercial type

for non-insulated open barrel connector,
commercial type 22-12 AWG
(0.324 square mm - 3.31 square mm)
Die for non-insulated terminalsfor non-insulated terminals 22-8 AWG
(0.3 square mm - 8 square mm)

The box is a bit light duty & the internal tray is crap , I filled the back of the tray with silicone to add some durability to it
I have no affiliation with the seller btw probably available for cheaper elsewhere

I use a Facom branded crimping tool which has stainless steel dies. Not cheap at around £60 but it's excellent quality.

Crimping Tool {filename} | ElectriciansForums.net

forge steel from screwfix
Forge Steel Heavy Duty Crimping Tool | screwflix..com
does the job nice.
bit cheaper than ck. longer handles make crimping easier.

Is it ok to crimp onto solid wires? I was always under the impression (from years ago working in the defence industry, admittedly more of a precision work on electronic connectors) that crimps should only be onto stranded wires - any comments?

Is it ok to crimp onto solid wires? I was always under the impression (from years ago working in the defence industry, admittedly more of a precision work on electronic connectors) that crimps should only be onto stranded wires - any comments?

If you worked in the Defence Industry I hope you've got a tin hat ....... I think you may need it very shortly. :tank:

I agree, and have also spent some time in defence equipment design. However there are many here who have no problem with crimps on single strand solid cable. It's probably OK provided that the crimps and tool are top quality and properly matched, which can be difficult or expensive to guarantee.

I bought the crimper in the OP in the end with the Electrfix discount it was £31.07 it works well but requires strong hands!
the s
Screwfix crimps however are rubbish as per the reviews on their website.

Having worked in the defence industry myself (ship refits in rosyth) we were in the habit of using calibrated crimping tools (my first job as an apprentice was calibrating said tools). Having left the defence sector quite a few years ago i haven't seen a calibrated tool since....lol That said good quality tool and crimps should be ok on solid cables

Reply to Crimping Tool in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net

Electricians Tools | Electrical Tools and Products

Thanks for visiting ElectriciansForums.net, we hope you find the Electricians Tools you're looking for. It's free to sign up to and post a question yourself to find a tool or tool supplier either local to you, or online. Our community of electricians and electrical engineers will do their best to find the best tool supplier for you.

We also have a Tiling Tools advice from the worlds largest Tiling community. And then the Plumbers Forums with Plumbers Tools Advice.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock