Discuss crown court vs step-ladder in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

B

bobsteroo

may i like to warn you about lending your tools or ladders this happened to me about 6 yrs ago was working on site with various trades when this labourer [about 18-19] asked me if he could borrow my step-ladders
3way type said yes all ok the job finished about 6weeks later received a letter from a firm of solicitors who was going sue me for not showing him
how to use them correctly etc [health and safety act 1974 sub sec blah blah blah] my reply was he took them without my permission so any trades show your mates how to use your tools
icon14.gif

I know where you are coming from.
A couple of years ago I employed a 60 year old fully qualified electrician who used to run his own electrical contracting company.
He had worked on the tools for 40 years and not only that I used to work for the man.
He over reached on my step ladders, fell off, hurt his shoulder and tried to sue me for not giving him instructions on how to use step ladders.
He lost.

Last edited:

Reply to crown court vs step-ladder in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Hello all, I've just been perusing the AM2/E/S threads on here. Thought you might like a bit of a review. If, like I did, you find yourself...
Replies
Views
high tower you have a lot to learn discipline for one thing. If you care to read your reply you have a desire and passion the operative i...
Replies
Views
S
Hi everyone, Just been reading about a court case against two electricians which is being heard at Wolverhampton Crown Court at the moment...
Replies
Views
NickD
N
hi all, having a bit of a blonde day today. so here's a brief summary of the situation... bungalow... nothing new installed recntly... old lady...
Replies
Views
M
My name is Maciej Marosz I'm Inentor and Engineer (Poland 34 yo ) I'm looking contacts with people who are able test and prepare to production...
Replies
Views
Geordie Spark
G

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock