Discuss CSCS card for electricians mate in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

S

sparkygabe

Hi guys.
I am currently doing my 2365 Level 3 electrical installation course. Trying to get some site experience working as an electricians mate but not sure what CSCS card i should get. Would site operative or labourer would be enough as there is no such option as electrician's mate or electrical improver? Any advise would be appreciated.
Thanks

Hi guys.
I am currently doing my 2365 Level 3 electrical installation course. Trying to get some site experience working as an electricians mate but not sure what CSCS card i should get. Would site operative or labourer would be enough as there is no such option as electrician's mate or electrical improver? Any advise would be appreciated.
Thanks
you pay 45 quid for a 60 question mutli choice exam, you need 60% to get a pass, it is easy, that is straight forward, being competant a different situation.

The ECS H&S Assessment
The assessment consists of multiple choice questions, randomly selected from a database of approximately 300. It is a 'closed book' assessment - no revision materials will be allowed into the exam room.

The ECS H&S assessment has 45 questions to be completed in 30 minutes. 38 out of 45 correct answers will be needed to pass the assessment.

The assessment is made up from questions covering eleven topics. The numbers of questions randomly selected from each topic are:

6 - General Health and Safety at Work
4 - Manual Handling Operations
3 - Reporting Accidents
4 - Personal Protective Equipment at Work
3 - Health and Hygiene
4 - Fire and Emergency
5 - Work at Height
4 - Work Equipment
3 - Special Site Hazards
6 - Electrotechnical
3 - Environmental

I think then, i should be able to get a LEVEL 2 Trainee

CORRECTION
Trainee electrician (Stage 1)
A copy of a formal industry training agreement showing enrolment on a training programme leading to the requirements of an ECS Gold Card
- plus -
Employer’s sponsorship (See Section 9 of the application form)

Trainee electrician (Stage 2)
A copy of your City & Guilds 2360 Part one - or -
2351 Units 1, 2 , 3 & 4 - or -
EAL Certificate in Electrotechnical Technology Level 2 - or -
Units ELTK 01 to 05 of the Level 3 NVQ Diploma in Installing Electrotechnical systems and equipment (buildings, structures and the environment)
- plus -
Employer’s sponsorship (See Section 9 of the application form)

Trainee electrician (Stage 3)
A copy of your City & Guilds 2360 Parts One & Two - or -
2351 - All eight units - or -
EAL Certificates in Electrotechnical Technology Level 2 & 3 - or -
All the knowledge elements of the Level 3 NVQ Diploma in Installing Electrotechnical systems and equipment (buildings, structures and the environment)
- plus -
Employer’s sponsorship (See Section 1c of the application form).

In addition, evidence that you are working towards the AM2 and level NVQ 3 in your chosen field is required
– and –
Hold a current (up-to-date) Health & Safety Certificate or recognised H&S qualification. For details visit the ECS H&S Assessment page.

So do i have to "EMPLOYER's SPONSORSHIP" that mean me SPONSORERING MYSELF!

SECTION 9 (isnt that out of GHOST IN THE SHELL)
In all cases this must be completed by your current employer or if you are self-employed, it can be completedby an employer or company to whom you have sub-contracted during the previous three years.

Well thats a NO then. CSCS or Naff all for the likes of me

Last edited by a moderator:
Go for the ECS lads. I'm doing it at the end of the month only to get a gold card for the jobs that are popping up. Never been a JIB member, never needed to be but I'll jump through the hoops and hand over my hard earned cash to prove that I know what I'm doing. Also doing a first aid course, why not.

The ECS exam is 40 questions, 85% to pass/34 correct answers. It cost £40 + vat £48 and you have the option to purchase their ECS book for another £4.50. Check out their web page to find an exam office near you.

Section 1 NAME
Section 2 Photo (signed off by someone)
Section 3 H&S (the ECS Questions) £48
Section 4 Job Title O006 Electrical Installer O099 Adult Trainee
Section 5 Complete this section only if you are applying for a JIB Grade or Re-grade G300 Electrician G800 Electrician Improver
Section 6 Apprenticeship!
Section 7 Technical & Vocational Qualifications QA002, QA029, QA014, QA028 (but mine was with LCL!), QT001, QT002
Section 8 Qualified Supervisor Status, NICEIC Approved Contractors Scheme.. Im NICEIC Domestic Installer!!
Section 9 Employer or sponsor endorsement and recommendation, Guess this is me OUT!
In all cases this must be completed by your current employer or if you are self-employed, it can be completedby an employer or company to whom you have sub-contracted during the previous three years.
Section 10 Collaborations and Endorsements, to have the Logo of NAPIT etc on the Badge (not NICEIC! so no needed)
Section 11 Payment Details <SHOW ME THE MONEY>
Section 12 Declaration SIGN IT

So not knowing fully what i am, but would be happy with just Adult Trainee/Electrician Improver.
But Section 8 & 9 by the sounds of it counts me out of ANY ECS card.

Section 8 Qualified Supervisor Status
Only complete this section if you are a registered qualified supervisor on one of the followingschemes:
NICEIC Approved Contractors Scheme
ECA Approved Contractors Scheme
This is not related to Part P Competent Persons Schemes.You will need to provide copies of the current assessment report and proof of Qualified Supervisor statusevery time you apply for an ECS card.Your employer will need to complete this section to endorse this application, and provide a copy of theircompany registration certificate.

Section 9 Employer or sponsor endorsement and recommendation
When applying for an initial grade or a re-grade card, this section must be completed by theapplicant’s employer or sponsor.In all cases this must be completed by your current employer or if you are self-employed, it can be completedby an employer or company to whom you have sub-contracted during the previous three years.
They will have to select one of the boxes to confirm either that you have achieved the right qualifications tobe eligible for the grade you’re applying for, or that you have sufficient training or practical experience toobtain the grade. (This box can only be used if you are employed by a JIB member company)The code and description provided must match the details given in section 5.Your employer or sponsor must then complete full contact details.

Reply to CSCS card for electricians mate in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net