Discuss Current Transducer Wiring in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
Hi All,

i'm new to the forum and looking for a solution to measure the operating current across the point machine. Hence selected the current transducer(to read in 4-20mA) as per attached schemtic. The required wiring terminal nos of the transducer is shown in the model diagram. i want to wire it such a way that it doesnt affect the live running system .i.e in case there is a faulty in the transducer it will not affect the live running system.

The maximum operating current of point machine is around 2.5A. Will be great if someone suggest how to achieve this.Wiring_Terminals.JPG

The transducer you have indicated is not really suitable for the application you have specified. It requires a current transformer of 0-1A or 0-5A secondary current, while your primary current is only 2.5A.

I would suggest something more like this if you have 24V control in your machine.

LEM Current Transducer RS India

Reply to Current Transducer Wiring in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Hi guys I was recently ask by a customer if/how his house could be supplied by his electric car. He wants to charge the car at night on low rate...
Replies
Views
I am having a serious issue with my mechanical ventilation system. I have replaced the old one and bought a new one from the same brand and with...
Replies
Views
Hi all! First up - I'm not an electrician, this is purely DIY. I have a little bit of electrical knowledge (degree in computer networking) but...
Replies
Views
Hello i've recently just had a re wire done on a three bed semi house, Ive noticed a few things im not 100 percent on ive spoken to the firm that...
Replies
Views
Hi folks, This is my first post, I hope you're all well and surviving the lockdown. Long story short, I had an electrician who was going to do...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

YOUR Unread Posts

This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock