Discuss Daisy chain garden spike lights in the DIY Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net

Mypyh4ooo

DIY
Reaction score
Hi all,

I am after some help in regards to the below. I have had my garden lights in for around 2 years now and working without any issues. There are 6 spike lights wired to a 3 pin plug each and plugged into an extension lead within a weatherproof outdoor box. The extension lead is then plugged into an outdoor socket.

Since one of the weatherproof boxes got flooded recently I am now looking for a more practical way to wire the lights and if possible continue to run them of the outdoor plug socket. I couldn’t find a diagram online that explains this very well. The cable is not going to be buried either as it’ll just be on top of the soil.

Any help is much appreciated. Thanks

If I ruled the world mains electricity in gardens would be banned. Nowadays there is no need for dangerous mains voltage lighting in a garden. A very safe voltage is 12V which will light up Light Emitting Diode (LED) lamps.

Here is a product designed for the amateur to put lighting in their garden. You will require though a waterproof box, or even better a place inside your home, to locate the transformer which converts dangerous 240V ac to safe 12Volts.

Plug and Play Garden Lights - Lighting Direct - https://www.lighting-direct.co.uk/outdoor/plug-and-play.html

Top tip: Have mains inside your home and feed 12V out of it through the wall to the garden. :)

Reply to Daisy chain garden spike lights in the DIY Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Hi all, I am planning to install wall lights such as these ones (LAP Bronx Outdoor Up & Down Wall Light Black - Screwfix -...
Replies
Views
Good Afternoon All Currently doing an EICR on common parts of a big site with multiple blocks. All blocks have outside garden spike lighting in...
Replies
Views
Hi I've been planning to fit an outdoor junction box at the front of my house to hide a large brickwork hole and properly house the wiring...
Replies
Views
Hello, I’ve have some ten year old Collingwood SL020 RGB led garden spike lights which I’d like to keep using but wondering if I can use them with...
Replies
Views
Hey, I have a shed in my garden that was built and wired up by my granddad a lonnng time ago and it currently uses 2 core/twin and earth cable...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock