• Welcome to the new forum. We're now hosted on ElectriciansForums.net rather than ElectriciansForums.co.uk - Chat about the forum upgrade by CLICKING HERE

Welcome to our Electrical Forum - We started out providing electrical advice just for the UK - But now we have specific advice for the USA too! - Register for free and share American Electrical Advice.

Discuss Damn, bought myself a new toy....... in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net

Rpa07

4000 posts - only 54195 behind Telectrix!
Electrician's Arms
When I clicked on the link I expected a Lotus! I’ll imagine that I’m not the only one - now that we know you better.
Got a project on the go?

SWD

Gender neutral
Electrician's Arms
When I clicked on the link I expected a Lotus! I’ll imagine that I’m not the only one - now that we know you better.
Got a project on the go?
Ahhhhh but my thread is in the tool perv's and fetish section.......

No project on the go but my 4 other soldering irons where getting lonely, you know how it is........ ;o)))))

Rpa07

Electrician's Arms
Ahhhhh but my thread is in the tool perv's and fetish section.......

No project on the go but my 4 other soldering irons where getting lonely, you know how it is........ ;o)))))
Yes I know - I bought some Felco catenary wire cutters today in a second hand shop just because they were £20.
Can cut up to 16mm steel wire or 5mm spring steel. All I have to do now is wait until I can use them . . . . Before I retire in 15 years!

KEV 1 N

Electrician's Arms
The picture of that soldering iron reminds me of years ago as a kid, my dad was soldering something, and was working on the kitchen table, he rested the iron on a saucer and also used it for somewhere to flick the excess solder onto!

SWD

Gender neutral
Electrician's Arms
The picture of that soldering iron reminds me of years ago as a kid, my dad was soldering something, and was working on the kitchen table, he rested the iron on a saucer and also used it for somewhere to flick the excess solder onto!
As a kid I was soldering linkages up to servo's in a RC boat/car/plane or whatever I had at the time and a hot bit of flux/solder jumped off the end of the iron and launched itself in to the air, boy that cat could fecking jump when it landed on him.........

Rpa07

Electrician's Arms
What were the other soldering irons called?
Weller Weller Weller and Uh - Tell me more?

SWD

Gender neutral
Electrician's Arms
What were the other soldering irons called?
Weller Weller Weller and Uh - Tell me more?
2 x 30+ year old Gas Portsol's but they don't hold there gas that long
1 x 30+ old RS mains iron
1 x 3 year old Portasol gas iron with ignition, nice iron for car work

;o)))))

Rpa07

Electrician's Arms
2 x 30+ year old Gas Portsol's but they don't hold there gas that long
1 x 30+ old RS mains iron
1 x 3 year old Portasol gas iron with ignition, nice iron for car work

;o)))))
Yeh, I can see why you treated yourself now!

SWD

Gender neutral
Electrician's Arms
Yeh, I can see why you treated yourself now!
lol, the mains iron lasted me through all the dealing room installations that I did in the past and is still a great iron but as you know a man needs his toys........

Electrician Talk

Electrical 2 Go - Electrical Supplier and Electrical Wholesalers
Electrical Insurance
ElectriciansForums.net (formerly known as ElectriciansForums.co.uk) was setup in April 2006 to provide free electrical advice to both professional and DIY electricians. Whether seeking advice for auto electrics, trying to find electrical installation condition reports (EICR) form downloads, or whether you're here just to talk to other electricians; we've been a first-choice website for tens of thousands of sparkies for well over a decade.