Discuss Danfoss TP9000 trouble shooting in the Central Heating Systems area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Midwest

-
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Ok I give up.

In my new build, been having trouble with the above & heating. Heating has been staying on outside switching periods, e.g. in the middle of the night.

Got onto developer, and whilst waiting for them contacted Danfoss, who suggested it was faulty TP9000 (TP9000 was turning on heating for a few mins, then turning off). Heating company replaced TP9000 & remote thermostat, on Friday.

Trialled it today, and TP9000 is displaying room & set temperature, as opposed time & date, and there is a symbol displayed, which I can't find anything in the manual about; a thermometer in a house on the right hand side
[I'll post the image in a bit]
My internet research suggests a flashing symbol is signal failure between thermostat & TP9000. Mines not flashing & is hardwired. I'll get the heating company back next week, in the meantime has anyone had this before or has the TP9000?

Can't change display as suggested in manual, to time & date.

Danfoss TP9000 trouble shooting upload_2018-10-6_16-3-4 - EletriciansForums.net

I fitted a TP7001 last week at home, that is from the manual.

If you don't have an external thermometer, i.e. actually outside, not just one elsewhere in the house(because you said 'remote', so I'm not sure which one exactly you mean), then this logo is always displayed on mine.

That logo will always be on then. Other than resetting it, that's all I can tell you I'm afraid!!

Is that symbol stating the temperature showing is the internal temperature and set point?

Can't find the manual that shows the symbols but I do recognise it from the dozens of TP5000 thermostats that I've seen.

Thanks PJ, been staring at the manual and never spotted that.

However, I note it says the override gets cancelled at the next time event, but mine has been staying like that.

I've reverted it back to show time not temperature, and that symbol has disappeared. So fingers crossed. :)

Thought I would update, for historical purposes.

Eventually after much ado, Danfoss decided to reply to my emails. They suggested the on/off cycling of the boiler outside normal switching cycles, was down to 'induced voltage on the sensor cables, this is common on new installations where the TP9000 is located next plugs sockets or mains cables'.

Had site agent & plumber around today to show us 'how to use the programmer!' (I was at work). That was before they saw the boiler cycling on & off ever 5 mins, when it should of been sat silent. Plumber on my side, by the way.

So by the process of elimination (programmer, stat have been replaced), the zone valve head was replaced, and...…………..boiler still cycles on/off.

Not that I'm smug enough to say I could identify the fault (my money is on a connection fault, or something to do with boiler, frost stat), I've paid my dosh and they can fix it.

I'll update after the boiler is replaced. :)

Another historical update. As you can see by the time, woken up at 4 this morning, well I woke myself up by snoring :rolleyes: to hear the boiler firing up.

Quick & very quiet investigation, I found the upstairs heating zone was working. The zone valve was open, pipes slightly warm (& rads). By-pass seems to have opened as well. Downstairs zone valve closed, TP9000 set to frost stat mode (temp in garage where boiler is, well above 5').

The upstairs is controlled by TP5000, no idea why its calling for heat. Didn't want to turn on the bedroom light, and wake up her indoors :eek:

Getting very tempted to my screwdriver out, and have a butchers myself. This Danfoss stuff, does seem overly complicated by the number of user options.

Emailed builders twice in last few weeks. No response as yet.

Anyway, must get ready for work, only got 3 hours to do so.

New update.

The builders/plumbers/electricians agreed something was amiss, and decided to replace the controls.

Yesterday an electrician replaced the Danfoss programmer and sensor with a Honeywell ST9400 programmer, and T6360 wall stat, presumably they considered the induced voltages to the sensor suggested by Danfoss.

Today I verified the function of the controls, and found that with the programmer set to off, the heating still cycled by turning the stat up and down. I think the hot water is functioning as it should.

I've reached the point, where my curiosity got the better of me, and removed the cover off the stat. With programmer set to off, I had voltage on the live supply. I also noted the neutral (& earth) of the 3c tw&e was not connected.

Intrigued I removed the front of the programmer. It had various connections to L&N, but a link from L to terminal 1 (HW Off), and one wire connected to terminal 3 (HW On).

I'm now suspecting the whole set ups is incorrectly wired up, please tell me if I'm wrong, and replace both the stat & programmer as is.
I'll be contacting them Monday.

I'm very tempted to sort the thing out myself, but don't see why I should.

Bit bored, so thought I would update, for historical purposes.

Still no further forward. Electrician visited this week, whilst I was at work. Wife rang me, so me & electrician could have a telephone conference type call.

So I explained my displeasure on having to turn on my heating via the new Honeywell thermostat. He said, well that was because the old stat was a sensor for the old programmer. Fair enough I said, but why can't we re-connect things, so it will operate via programmer?

No can do said sparks, you'll have to use the stat. I said I've not paid hundreds of thousands of pounds, to operate my heating that way.

Any case I said, why haven't you connected up the stat properly, i.e. using the neutral and park the cpc inside stat? Thats how we connect them up, two wires, don't need neutral, said sparks. I said digital ones don't need neutral, but this isn't a digital one, suggest you read the manufacturers instructions; and thats why the stats temperature sensing is not functioning correctly. Whose told you to do that. My boss said the sparks.

Well I said, lets say no more, but get your boss to ring me, so we can have a chat. Off went sparks. Later that day I had an email from the developer;
Further to your recent phone call to chase up on the plumbers visit. I have spoken with **** and following their previous visit, they have advised that they will not be attending to the heating programmers again due to the wiring being touched by yourself. Unfortunately this negates the warranty.
With kind regards.

So I emailed back saying,
Please note I have not touched the wiring . Please can you advise/explain how you have come to this conclusion?

Day later;
I am sorry, the Plumber are now claiming the electricians have touched the wiring not you.
Please leave this with me. Apologies for any inconvenience.

6 months and counting, and my gas bill has just gone up!

Reply to Danfoss TP9000 trouble shooting in the Central Heating Systems area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock