Discuss Danger notice? in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Rappid

-
Reaction score
Got a call from a customer, electrician has condemmed the electrics and they wanted a second opinion.
Got on site and apparently there was a fault on the lighting circuit, the electrician they called out said it was dangerous and unscrewed all the light fittings and and just snipped the wires leaving bare cables poking out of the ceiling.
He left saying that they will sent them a quote for a rewire and the work that needed to be done.
As all the light fittings has been cut off I am unable to test the lighting circuit for the fault.
Personally I would just disconnect the lighting circuit from the CU and remove the fuse wire as it's rewireable fuse.
I haven't been in this game long and I've never issued a danger notice, but isn't this a bit extreme??
What would be the best way to condem the electrics?

the guy wants locking up. the customer should sue him. he has no right to sabotage the customer's installation in that way, touting for work. remove the fuse, yes. then it's up to the customer to decide whether or not to refit it.

I've put in my price for a rewire but this company is going in at a silly price, customer said about £1000 for CU and rewire but that could also be the customer trying to blagg it. It's a 3 bed house.

I wouldve called the police as he was cutting them fittings down, He has no right to do that and that in my opinion is definately criminal damage, it's bullying and scaremongering on the upmost level.
So have they still got his number? please tell me it wasnt just a mobile?? and who is he registered with??

£1000 for rewire? sounds like a right load of b*****X, bet they just through crimp the cables they cut off in the first place, this lot need reporting straight away

bit harsh for having no CPC lol...!!

honestly i would walk away as no doubt the company will turn up pull some length back through the ceiling put new pendants on and bish bash bosh!

I've heard of some dodgy goings on but this takes the biscuit, they need to be name and shamed, what was the outfit called?

bit harsh for having no CPC lol...!!

honestly i would walk away as no doubt the company will turn up pull some length back through the ceiling put new pendants on and bish bash bosh!
a bit harsh??...its outragous more like......no CPC so what??....class 2s on affected circuit/s and note it n all.........we see this all the time in these renteds we get called to...no CPC on lighting finals that is.......you just cant condemn it out of hand......if continuity`s good..OK..if poor...then find the offending joint.......if IRs good....then alls well.......just drop the class 1s.......

I'd be suggesting your customer gets some legal advice asap. As a minimum talking to citizens advice, then on to trading standards.

Then it is up to you whether you want to get involved with fixing it. Does it need a rewire or would it be easier to find the original fault and then fix the vandalism?

Reply to Danger notice? in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock