Discuss Dead Wire Trace and no GFIs to a Bathroom in the DIY Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net

Herk_Man

DIY
Reaction score
Hello all. Looking for some help. Had a pump to a jacuzzi tub not working. Got into the area where the pump is and plugged it into a different outlet and the pump works. Went to the timer switch on the wall for the pump and put a multimeter on the wires (only two coming into the box other than a ground wire that was not hooked to anything) and there is no juice in the wires. I went to all of the GFIs that I know about in the house (2 in the kitchen and 1 in the garage) and popped them. None of them killed any of the lights or the outlets in that bathroom. I have no idea where the GFI is that goes to those plugs. I've looked all over the house and cannot find another GFI. I went to the attic and the wire from that timer switch runs up into the attic and then either runs to the back of the bedroom connected to that bathroom or it runs over to the living room and down into the wall over there.

Bottom line, I'm not sure how to figure out why that line to the pump timer switch is dead.

Any ideas appreciated. (Also wondering if there's any reason why the bathroom outlets don't seem to be on a GFI. House built in '99. Bought it new. No upgrades done.)
[automerge]1587595861[/automerge]
UPDATE: After searching high and low, found a GFI I did not know existed, hidden in a closet... behind mountains of my better half's junk. It was popped. Once reset I had power to the pump rheostat. So I'm good. Thanks

Last edited:

Reply to Dead Wire Trace and no GFIs to a Bathroom in the DIY Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net