Discuss Difference between Dimplex Quantum models in the Central Heating Systems area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Atmosten

DIY
Reaction score
Hi all,

I’ve got a question about the Dimplex Quantum High Heat Retention Storage Heaters. I’ve been in discussion with a supplier about these. He’s provided a few quotes. He’s knocked about £350 off the price by offering my the G series Quantums. He says these are exactly the same as the RF model, they just don’t have the built in WiFi. For all intents and purposes, he said it will still have a positive impact on the property’s EPC, it just depends how fussed I am about WiFi.

Does this sound about right to those who know the system? Personally, I couldn’t care less about controlling my heaters via WiFi. I don’t mind walking across a room to do that. I just want to make sure I’m not being soled an inferior product in other areas however.

Thanks.

For R.f you need a Hub, was that included in the price and is now part of the reduction?
The additional cost per heater doesn't seem to be much, but the Hub is around £135 Dimplex Hub | Dimplex Control | WIFI Control for Electric Heating - https://www.electricpoint.com/heating/electric-heating/dimplex-quantum-storage-heaters/dimplex-quantum-rf-heaters/dimplex-hub-for-dimplex-control-app-wifi-controlled-electric-heating.html

Apart from the obvious you can control the heaters from anywhere in the World and group the heaters and check on energy useage, the only other difference seems to be Open window detection where the heat output is reduced, presumably only by the App if an unexpected heat loss is detected.

For R.f you need a Hub, was that included in the price and is now part of the reduction?
The additional cost per heater doesn't seem to be much, but the Hub is around £135 Dimplex Hub | Dimplex Control | WIFI Control for Electric Heating - https://www.electricpoint.com/heating/electric-heating/dimplex-quantum-storage-heaters/dimplex-quantum-rf-heaters/dimplex-hub-for-dimplex-control-app-wifi-controlled-electric-heating.html

Apart from the obvious you can control the heaters from anywhere in the World and group the heaters and check on energy useage, the only other difference seems to be Open window detection where the heat output is reduced, presumably only by the App if an unexpected heat loss is detected.

Hi snowhead, thanks for the reply.the quote is coming in around £3800 for 1 x qm125, 3x qm050 and 1 x QRad070. The other quote was around £4000, but that excluded that hub, so in total the RF versions would come to around £4150. As I said, I’m not fussed about the WiFi but if the RF has other added features I’m not aware of it would be good to know.

Thanks for the replies all. Having had a chat with a few others and seen your comments, I’ll either be going for the G series Quantum or Heatstore’s version. It seems the wiring on the RF Quantum is a bit different. If I was to put like for like RF versions in ahead of the G series or similar, I’d need to redo the board as the load would be too great. That would add an extra £500 or so to the job, which in my view isn’t worth it for a WiFi enabled radiator.

Reply to Difference between Dimplex Quantum models in the Central Heating Systems area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock