Electrical2Go - Online Electrical Supplier
This official sponsor may provide discounts for members

Discuss Din rail enclosure advice please in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

robd

-
Arms
Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:  American Electrical Advice Forum

Morning all

Just looked at a job where the consumer unit is moving, can't move the legs without a great deal of upheaval so looking at using an enclosure to extend the legs through the wall to the new position. I would like to use an enclosure with a dinrail and dinrail connectors, there are 6 circuits so basically 6 lives, 6 neutrals and 6 earths. Tails I can reroute to new board. I haven't used this sort of setup before and just had a look on rs online. They have some suitable stuff but about a million different parts to sort through. Wondering if anyone has any favourite gear they could recommend rather than me getting a load of old rubbish and finding out the hard way. Thanks in advance

Aico 3000 Range
B

Bobster

I always use Rittal gear and Weidmuller for terminals. Not the cheapest option though.

I tend to agree Dave

such a small job would be a 'grab what you have' kind of situation

If the OP had 30-40 circuits to extend then you would warrant a bit of searching to find the right sized product to do a pukka job

But in all honesty I just keep various small plastic boxes in my garage and would just grab one of those for 6 circuits and a hand full of wagos.

Andy78

-
Mentor
Arms
Esteemed
Never seen these before where did you get them??
I sent off once for free samples. They've arrived three times now :D

They are available from quite a few websites, wago 221-500 for use with wago 221 lever connectors.

Wetroom Store - Network Wetroom Suppliers

Reply to Din rail enclosure advice please in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

uHeat Banner - Forum Discount Available
Top Bottom