Discuss DNO and me in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

G

Guest123

Hey.

Does anyone elses DNO now provide them with back up TT systems on their PME's??

I didn't know mine did until today when I started testing a big industrial job we have just completed.

The Ze I was getting was 32.3ohms, bearing in mind max is 0.35ohms.

When I had a look inside the service head enclosure, there was one link to the brass earth nut off the neutral terminal which was just hanging there unconnected, and one coming off an unsheathed cable which was drilled through the wall and buried outside which was connected and was what was giving me my earth path

I cant think of any reason for doing this other than as back up in the event of neutral failiure due to cable damage.

As for why they hadn't connected the PME the reply I got was we forgot
ARRGGHH:mad:

So going back to my original question has anyone else come across this with their DNO.

Mine is South West Wales.

Cheers.

Western Power are mine too. Must be their own little thing, why dont they tell us they're going to do it though?? I was bricking it thinking I had a bad connection somewhere.:mad:

Indeed, we once had a couple of devon lads come out to replace service head, giving us all the mouth because we pulled the fuse, although it was because the whole thing was melting. H&S reasons we pulled, they nagged us like we were school kids, they replaced service head,we powered up new CU and they had only gone and connected it L-N cross polarity lol!!! Out comes the fuse again to reconnect lol ;)

In reply to slocm3105, I am pretty sure that Scottish Power Manweb give out three day suspensions to their staff for the first cross polarity and a p45 for the second.

Reply to DNO and me in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock