Discuss Do companies contact you after passing SECTT test? in the The Welcome Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
I’ve just sat my SECTT test and passed, In the pass email it stated that companies in my area would be sent a list of people who passed the test and may be able to contact me directly, I am currently quite unsure if I will be offered an apprenticeship from any the companies I have been in contact with and awaiting a response from so I was wondering if companies may actually contact me after passing this test or is this not something that usually happens ?

There me be an arrangement where company members do get told who has passed... but only useful in either very busy cities, where there is an abundance of electrical companies looking for apprentices, or in a growing economy for the same reason.

If you have already contacted companies and awaiting their response, either there is no jobs going in your area, or they are waiting themselves for results from SECTT directly.

There are maybe companies in your area you haven't thought to contact? Supposed one-man-bands type thing?

In short.... it will be something that does happen, but only in the right circumstances....

Saying that though.... the companies that you have already approached should get back to you, even if its to say no.
Poor show to them if they dont.

There me be an arrangement where company members do get told who has passed... but only useful in either very busy cities, where there is an abundance of electrical companies looking for apprentices, or in a growing economy for the same reason.

If you have already contacted companies and awaiting their response, either there is no jobs going in your area, or they are waiting themselves for results from SECTT directly.

There are maybe companies in your area you haven't thought to contact? Supposed one-man-bands type thing?

In short.... it will be something that does happen, but only in the right circumstances....

Saying that though.... the companies that you have already approached should get back to you, even if its to say no.
Poor show to them if they dont.
Much appreciated pal👍

I’ve just sat my SECTT test and passed, In the pass email it stated that companies in my area would be sent a list of people who passed the test and may be able to contact me directly, I am currently quite unsure if I will be offered an apprenticeship from any the companies I have been in contact with and awaiting a response from so I was wondering if companies may actually contact me after passing this test or is this not something that usually happens ?
Hi I'm sitting my test next week any advice? Is the the example test what to expect?

Welcome to the forum

Most companies may have people in place already- many use the pre apprenticeship scheme

use the pre apprenticeship scheme as a fall back but call around / email CV's and try yourself

Hi I'm sitting my test next week any advice? Is the the example test what to expect?
The test will mostly be long digit numbers adding and subtracting such as 7432.64+5826.36, as far as the example test I haven’t done it myself as test is relatively straight forward and you don’t have much to worry about👍

The test will mostly be long digit numbers adding and subtracting such as 7432.64+5826.36, as far as the example test I haven’t done it myself as test is relatively straight forward and you don’t have much to worry about👍
Thanks for answering so fast.

Reply to Do companies contact you after passing SECTT test? in the The Welcome Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net