Discuss Does anyone here drive a Citroen Berlingo with the 8" touch screen? in the Auto Electrician Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

HappyHippyDad

-
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
I have just bought a new fancy van as the old renault trafic had done 213,000 miles and needed a rest.

The new van is a 1.5L Citroen Berlingo (2022) blue hdi. LWB. It is the driver pro trim.

I am really struggling to understand the vast majority of the controls and it would be good to ask someone a few questions. Does anyone have one a fairly new one which would have the same controls and touchscreen?

Firstly, I cant even change the flashing time on the touchscreen!! I have to sit in the van with the engine running in order to play with the controls, otherwise all the screens go blank after 5 minutes as it's in energy saving mode which I have no ideas how to switch off, or even if you can switch it off.

As you can tell, I am losing the plot. My old van was simple and I should have kept it simple!

The manual is not very good. I can only find it online rather than in a paper copy and it just isn't clear how you get from one step to the next.

My father in law has some kind of Korean thing and twice a year I sit there for 10 minutes remembering how to change the time. Have you tried YouTube because I am sure some nerd has posted this I have done this a couple of times with mine and family cars.

No idea why, but my car doesn't automatically adjust the clock with time changes - possibly because I never listen to the radio.

It can take me anywhere from a few days to several months to get around to figuring this out each time.

I have just bought a new fancy van as the old renault trafic had done 213,000 miles and needed a rest.

The new van is a 1.5L Citroen Berlingo (2022) blue hdi. LWB. It is the driver pro trim.

I am really struggling to understand the vast majority of the controls and it would be good to ask someone a few questions. Does anyone have one a fairly new one which would have the same controls and touchscreen?

Firstly, I cant even change the flashing time on the touchscreen!! I have to sit in the van with the engine running in order to play with the controls, otherwise all the screens go blank after 5 minutes as it's in energy saving mode which I have no ideas how to switch off, or even if you can switch it off.

As you can tell, I am losing the plot. My old van was simple and I should have kept it simple!

The manual is not very good. I can only find it online rather than in a paper copy and it just isn't clear how you get from one step to the next.
I know what your going through. I had programming issues.! (Which I put down to OLD GIT syndrome).

My easy answer/resolve was to give the issue to my 22year old apprentice, who contacted Citroen, and had it all set up within his lunch break.

(he does come in handy sometimes).

I’ve had two berlingos, but not as new as that. Didn’t have a problem.

Is the clock set done with stalks on steering column for the clock on instrument panel and automatically updates the screen?

No idea why, but my car doesn't automatically adjust the clock with time changes - possibly because I never listen to the radio.

It can take me anywhere from a few days to several months to get around to figuring this out each time.
I have had a new Caddy and have a Fiesta ST3, a couple of years old and neither change the clock automatically.

My father in law has some kind of Korean thing and twice a year I sit there for 10 minutes remembering how to change the time. Have you tried YouTube because I am sure some nerd has posted this I have done this a couple of times with mine and family cars.
Westward, you do realise that the vast majority on here probably class you as a nerd.

I found that one. I press settings and a completely different screen comes up on mine. Appreciate the time taken to look and post link though.

French motor manufacturers used to be renowned for inconsistency with parts.

You could have three different clutches or ball joints fitted to the same vehicle spec from the same year of manufacture.

Perhaps the same applies to infotainment system firmware?

Bedford CF vans were also trouble free where infotainment systems are concerned.
I've got (most) of a CF happily rusting away on my drive. 1984 CF 'facelift' model. I found the infotainment system really awkward, mainly because I couldn't find one 🤣

Got my 15 year old son to sit in the van with me.

Literally 15 seconds later he got into the time and date settings and put it all correctly.

I also couldn't work out how to get the sat nav working. I thought it was something to do with a subscription payment for the 'connect nav' thing etc etc, complicated! 5 seconds later he has pressed one button (the sat nav button) and then programmes in our route.

I am feeling old!
I am having a beer.

Reply to Does anyone here drive a Citroen Berlingo with the 8" touch screen? in the Auto Electrician Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net