Discuss Domestic appliance spares in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

GBDamo

-
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Is there a national chain of retailer that supply this kind of stuff.

Trying to get an oven element in Chester today and had no joy whatsoever.

Are these items typically order online?

There are loads on-line just google the make and you will likely get one .
I got an element and fan for a relatively unknown cooker a few weeks ago , two working days delivery.

There are loads on-line just google the make and you will likely get one .
I got an element and fan for a relatively unknown cooker a few weeks ago , two working days delivery.
Cheers but I know where I can get them on-line.

I was wondering if there was like a Screwfix for appliance spares where you can pop in on the day and pretty much get what you need , it just seems a bit naff having to go back to a 15minute job.

Cheers but I know where I can get them on-line.

I was wondering if there was like a Screwfix for appliance spares where you can pop in on the day and pretty much get what you need , it just seems a bit naff having to go back to a 15minute job.
Ah.
We have a few around here in industrial estates that used to be on the high streets , but usually for the products they sell. :)

In Bedford we have Service and Sales on Elms farm industrial estate, they repair appliances but also sell spares and 99% of the time have the element i need in stock

there are still some spares shops, mostly small independents, not a chain store.
unfortunately, in general I have found they only carry in stock the items they sell a lot of.
sometimes you can be lucky and they have a part that you cant get online because it is unusual and they got it in for someone who never came back.
Things like that, I tend to ask a few questions on the phone about the fault and order the likely parts before visiting site.

i.e. oven not getting hot, take replacement stat, element, fan, over temp stat.
diagnose and fix on site same day, return unused parts to espares or your preferred online store, add 30% to the cost of parts to customer.

the customer is kept happy because they get a repair in 1 day, tell all there friends that your great and had the part in stock and fixed it quickly.
most of these parts are not big money items and wont affect cashflow if it takes a few days for refund to credit you.

there are still some spares shops, mostly small independents, not a chain store.
unfortunately, in general I have found they only carry in stock the items they sell a lot of.
sometimes you can be lucky and they have a part that you cant get online because it is unusual and they got it in for someone who never came back.
Things like that, I tend to ask a few questions on the phone about the fault and order the likely parts before visiting site.

diagnose and fix on site same day, return unused parts to espares or your preferred online store, add 30% to the cost of parts to customer.

the customer is kept happy because they get a repair in 1 day, tell all there friends that your great and had the part in stock and fixed it quickly.
most of these parts are not big money items and wont affect cashflow if it takes a few days for refund to credit you.
Sometimes the parts are universal , it is often worth stripping the old part out and taking it with you to match up.

Unfortunately I just get, "you're in Chester, we've booked an oven in to look at"

I know there's little chance of me getting it going first time but the management company don't seem to care.

i spent 15 years in the white goods industry we use to use a company in south end called master parts. and a company called qualtex which i think was up north, or if you know the make of the oven ebay is quite good to get spares form.

Reply to Domestic appliance spares in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net