Discuss Domestic work and Corona Virus in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Reaction score
Hi.
I have been recently told by a friend that I will need to issue and sign a waiver to say I do not have Corona virus and get the client/home owner to sign it aswell to say they dont have it, Every time I go to a property. Is this some people have done or need to do from now on. Mainly due to the fact that you could be potentially sued if someone blames you?!?

Or is there any other things to be considered. Apart from masks and distance.

I'm taking it very cautiously at the minute working in occupied homes.

Where I have to I'm doing a wellness check for symptoms for customer and me prior to start.
Hand gel in van and in toolbox used regularly.
Masks used where needed.
Distancing always.
No accepting of food or drink from customer.
Touching as little surfaces as possible.
Wiping down surfaces after work and asking customer to disinfect after I've gone.
Work clothes straight in wash every day.

A waiver could only work if you've been tested. Nobody can say they haven't got it.

I'm taking it very cautiously at the minute working in occupied homes.

Where I have to I'm doing a wellness check for symptoms for customer and me prior to start.
Hand gel in van and in toolbox used regularly.
Masks used where needed.
Distancing always.
No accepting of food or drink from customer.
Touching as little surfaces as possible.
Wiping down surfaces after work and asking customer to disinfect after I've gone.
Work clothes straight in wash every day.

A waiver could only work if you've been tested. Nobody can say they haven't got it.

this ^^^

im trying to avoid going in to occupied homes where possible , if I do have to Then I ask the homeowner to Pop out for an hour or go in the garden.
no food , no drink , no chit chat , hand sanitizer before, during and after

it’s a right old faff but it has to be this way

You can’t contract out of death or bodily injury under the Unfair Contracts Act.

All everyone can do is be sensible and take precautions

Some of the rentals you need a full on body suit with respirator and 3 pairs of gloves
So not the new norm then lol
I work in social housing & have seen some sights, but in general there either really clean or really messy not generally in-between lol

Thanks for the feedback guys. Latex gloves, mask and hand sans with a final antibacterial wet wipe after is what I'm going with. Stay safe

I would only wear a mask if the homeowner is in the house , ideally they should wait in the garden or go out while you are in the house....

Been working back in occupied property’s for about 2 months now. Masks, gloves where possible and hand washing. I was wearing latex gloves all the time but once your snapping about 50 pairs a day on screws and tools there just not practical at all. Just sanitizer the hands a bit more frequently.

Reply to Domestic work and Corona Virus in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock