Discuss Doogee screen keeps turning off despite settings in the Computer and Networking Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Edtwozeronine

-
Arms
Reaction score
This is my grandfather's doogee phone, not sure of the exact model - running some version of Android obviously...

I did the usual and turned it off and on again, no luck! Screen goes to sleep mode or whatever they're calling it these days after what seems like 5 seconds of inactivity. It's set to never turn off in the screen settings because it was annoying my grandpa no end when I first set it up for him.

I checked Android forums for any known issues but none were quite the same as this problem.

Any and all help appreciated!

upgrade the old phone.

It's about 2 years old and other than this problem it works fine, my phone is old by comparison 10 years + because I won't subscribe to the buy a new one culture that is all too pervasive these days, it's a horribly wasteful mentality! I prefer a mend and make do mentality, which has seen me bring various computers and tablets back to life.

Last edited:
It's about 2 years old and other than this problem it works fine, my phone is old by comparison 10 years + because I won't subscribe to the buy a new one culture that is all too pervasive these days, it's a horribly wasteful mentality! I prefer a mend and make do mentality, which has seen me bring various computers and tablets back to life.

Its not a Doogee X30 is it?

Doogee are notorious for screen issues my own has started the old screen edge capacitance problem so its becoming imppossible to use - opened it up and looks like I need a new screen its not the cable!

Best to do a full hardware reset using the volume up down power key sequence a soft reset wont work!

Oh... I thought “doogee” was an alternative spelling of “dodgy”;)

Haha it is I have discovered to my cost.
I bought it cos it has BOKEH and 3 cameras lol
As you can tell i like taking photies - not the poser selfie ----y Towie brigade pony and trap type stuff but techie stuff and ma quadcopter photography!

BOKEH - Look it up
Havent even used it either
Only cost £70 sovvs anyway I like it cheap but I am Scottish and its true what they say!

Have decided to go for a tasty little Nokia Lumia 1020 64 megapixel monster smartphone only £30 on ebay - best smartphones ever!
lol

Man i have spent ages chatting on here today when i should have been having a Columbo Sunday with some beers and Feaster Cheeseburgers afternoon relaxation!!!!!!!
GRRRRRRRRRRR
lol

Its not a Doogee X30 is it?

Doogee are notorious for screen issues my own has started the old screen edge capacitance problem so its becoming imppossible to use - opened it up and looks like I need a new screen its not the cable!

Best to do a full hardware reset using the volume up down power key sequence a soft reset wont work!

It's an X7 i believe, it is behaving itself since it's been unlocked from its previous network and has a new pay as you go sim in it. My father has taken it on as his new phone and good luck to him! :eek:

Reply to Doogee screen keeps turning off despite settings in the Computer and Networking Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock