Discuss Door holdback operated by stand alone smoke detector. in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Doomed

-
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Been asked to install a magnetic door holdback that will be released by a smoke detector that is NOT wired into the main fire alarm panel.
I know I could cobble together my own setup with a relay and bits, but does anyone know of a pack to fulfill my needs?

Who is asking this to be done.
What is the nature of the premises.

If this is not a private domestic job then be very careful and as you expressed its not connected to the Alarm panel I assume this isn't domestic.

I think Tazz may be the man to answer here before you decide to do this, he's the man for fire systems and their safety requirements.

Last edited:
Doomed, when you mention door holdback.....Is this a door leading to a vent shaft or emergency exit for public.?

Get one of these. Surely the simplest solution

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk 4

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1435602134439.jpg
    68.9 KB · Views: 79
I didn't realise he had stated the location. I think they are a good idea for some situations. Don't get me wrong they aren't the best i agree

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk 4

Who is asking this to be done.
What is the nature of the premises.

If this is not a private domestic job then be very careful and as you expressed its not connected to the Alarm panel I assume this isn't domestic.

I think Tazz may be the man to answer here before you decide to do this, he's the man for fire systems and their safety requirements.

Fire officer request in a room with only a high heat detector that the staff prop open - laundry room

Reply to Door holdback operated by stand alone smoke detector. in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net