Discuss Double insulated flexible 25mm (max amps.) in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Reaction score
Hi guys can anyone help, few of the sparks over here in jersey are using 25mm double insulated flexible (15-16 strands) at supply intake for meters, 100Amp services single phase. My question is do you think the current carrying capacity will be higher on this type of cable than solid stranded standard (7 cores) reason I ask as it will allow me and the boys to not have to work with 35mm cables in trunking for 3 phase. 25mm only takes 89Amps 3phase in trunking. Clipped direct 114Amps. But if anyone has any info on this new D.I flexy it would be much appreciated. As there is a separate tri-rated table (it’s not tri-rated) I’m thinking maybe there could be one available for this new type cable! Much appreciated in advance ⚡

Double check with the manufacturers but IIRC it's the same CCC as 7 core.

Data sheet attached from Doncaster Cables.

Refers you to Table 4D1 of BS7671 for CCC.

Attachments

• 6181Y_Data_Sheet.pdf
    760.9 KB · Views: 10
Cheers lads yes just spoke to Doncaster cables to confirm, such a shame, they don’t do it in 35mm flexy yet but other manufacturers do.
Have you considered Tri-rated? That's pretty flexible.

Reply to Double insulated flexible 25mm (max amps.) in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock