Discuss downlights that change colour in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net

A

adamh

Ive been asked to quote for 9 downlights in a living room but the customer wants them to be able to change colour via a control panel of some sort? ive asked the wholesaler to get me a brochure any 1 fitted these before is it gonna be some sort of lutron type stuff? how do they change colour, is it through the volatage? chhers adam

my uncle is a spark and he put them in his new extension in his sitting room , they look like normal round downliters but he uses a remote control to control them and can change the colour of each fitting individually . i think they look a bit naff to be honest with you , they are more of a feature than actual lighting cos you dont get much white light when they are turned up full . i have seen them on ebay but he got his from his local wholesaler

Ive been asked to quote for 9 downlights in a living room but the customer wants them to be able to change colour via a control panel of some sort? ive asked the wholesaler to get me a brochure any 1 fitted these before is it gonna be some sort of lutron type stuff? how do they change colour, is it through the volatage? chhers adam
The ones I saw had three separate "lamps" in the one fitting-not sure but they may have been diodes(LEDs)They work a bit like your cathode rays on a tv.(red green blue) the three colours mixed together at differing intensities.I have also saw them fitted as three separate downlights,with a different coloured LED in each.This was fitted behind a white perspex screen as a "lightbox".They were wired in CAT5! cable,NOT mains T&E back to the controller,which was connected to a transformer as well. (the controller was known as a colour changer or driver)I think it can also be done with only one LED at each lighting position and wired back to your driver.They can even be connected up to your computer where you can use software to control the colours/change speed and even use as a chaser,sound to light effect.I'm pretty sure googling colour changer leds should give you a load of info.

Reply to downlights that change colour in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net