Discuss Drying cupboard heater.........help ! in the Industrial Electrician Talk area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

SCOL1

-
Reaction score
I carried out a rewire on a council property,built circa 1966.

The property was warm air ducted heating when built,with a drying room with an electric heater in the bottom of a 'drying cupboard'. The heater is quite powerful with a cooker type control switch with 3 power settings.
We removed the heater controls whilst rewiring and binned it,because the central heating system has been upgraded to a wet system combi boiler,hence we thought no need for the drying cupboard with all the radiators now installed.............WRONG.
The tenant insists we reinstate his 'drying room'
We installed a 150W heater tube ...not enough,the tenant informs us that the old system would dry his clobber in 30 mins,obviously the tube heater isn't up to this.
Has anyone any ideas where I might get something around 3.5KW with similar controls,base of cupboard is 2ft x 2ft.
Any help greatly appreciated..........the tenant is after a result by Monday midday.

Thanks in advance.

J.

Do what I do and tell the tenant the council insist that if something is unsafe then you are required to remove it and on this occasion there was a fault with the circuit and it had to be removed. Works every time and the council won't question you cos you are the professional. Gets you out of a hole and I have used it a few times with success.

*Sniggers*

Your proper naughty cirrus...

(Have you all seen how he prices his work up?)

Do what I do and tell the tenant the council insist that if something is unsafe then you are required to remove it and on this occasion there was a fault with the circuit and it had to be removed. Works every time and the council won't question you cos you are the professional. Gets you out of a hole and I have used it a few times with success.

This guy is cute,and a professional letter writer,and knows all the phone numbers ! !(already phoned and had council officials out,and written a letter to the main contractor MD).

"There was nothing wrong with my drying cupboard,I have phoned the council and they have told me that I am entitled to have it re-instated"...........---- !
The tube heater I had installed had only been in an hour when he phoned me up saying it was useless and he wanted it taken out.His old drying system could dry his clothes in half an hour.

............There must be something out there ?

Have all the council houses got them in ?,if so rip one out of someone elses house :)
just knock on the door and tell them the council have asked you to check the heater ,atvbitwww

This guy is cute,and a professional letter writer,and knows all the phone numbers ! !(already phoned and had council officials out,and written a letter to the main contractor MD).

"There was nothing wrong with my drying cupboard,I have phoned the council and they have told me that I am entitled to have it re-instated"...........---- !
The tube heater I had installed had only been in an hour when he phoned me up saying it was useless and he wanted it taken out.His old drying system could dry his clothes in half an hour.

............There must be something out there ?

ive done hundreds of council houses and have never had a "drying room"

tell him to get stuffed or forget to go back ( thats my favorite) how did you get the work is it a contract.
tough **** about the dryer i would have ripped it out as well you dont get full new central heating plus a dryer.

give the council a ring and start on about maximum demand and diversity see if you baffle them a bit.

all else fails tell the council to provide you with one and stick it on a radial.

Reply to Drying cupboard heater.........help ! in the Industrial Electrician Talk area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock