Discuss Dual Output floodlight replacement in the Lighting Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

zerozero7

DIY
Reaction score
Hi all, need to replace a failed 500w halogen PIR floodlight. This one was a dual output model that had an adjustable dimmer on the PIR housing for setting night time dusk to dawn illumination but switched to full brightness when it detected motion.
Has anybody come across an LED floodlight with similar functionality?

If not, which alternative route could I take?
Two separate PIR floodlights with the PIR configured differently would probably do it or even one floodlight on a separate Dusk/Dawn sensor (with timer so switches it switches off at 2am, Steinel 3000). This floodlight could then also be switched on by the slave output from the second Motion activated PIR floodlight?
These solutions are getting costly as I want to use a reliable high quality brand (Steinel, Luceco???) with a high wattage to cover a larger area. The original floodlight was only £21.99 (about 10 years ago).

Any other suggestions welcome

Thanks, Gary

TL;DR
Alternative suggestions to replace dual output floodlight

Reply to Dual Output floodlight replacement in the Lighting Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

I have a baffling problem with a newly-installed PIR floodlight and I'd like advice from the forum as to whether it's defective (and should be...
Replies
Views
My view on life, in any field, is not to produce more but to consume less. Everybody told me this is a very eccentric weird mentality. Perhaps...
Replies
Views
Hi All If anyone has used and fitted the LED floodlights in the title and if so be so kind tell me if the 10-50w with single SMD PIR LED...
Replies
Views
Good evening everyone. Can anyone recommend good quality PIR led flood lights to replace a couple of old 500w pir halogens The...
Replies
Views
D
Hi all, has anyone done much work with LED Floodlights on motion sensors? Are there any fittings you would recommend? Got a client looking for a...
Replies
Views
thomas-1981
T

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock