E.I.C.R rant by arti electrical | Page 2 | on ElectriciansForums

Discuss E.I.C.R rant by arti electrical in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Dustydazzler

-
Arms
Supporter
Reaction score
He makes a good valid argument (all be it quite long winded)

what ever happened to the £20-30 per circuit which for years seemed a good industry standard price which companies could actually make a profit doing

how these drive by sparks can bang out 20 eicr a a day for £40 a pop is just a joke , and in a
l honesty will just make the whole point of an eicr pointless

We had a company subcontracted to ours to help with the testing. A few of us expressed concerns to the higher ups but their response was well they're cheap. We found their paperwork wasnt adding up and upon visiting a few properties they claimed to have done found they couldn't possibly have done them.
So now we find ourselves going back over these properties and I can't count the amount of times I'm not even half way through when a tenant says
"You're more thorough than the last one...he was only here 20 minutes"
Then there was the remedials. Observations worded "plastic board" and marked as C2.
Again the higher ups were pleased with the fact they'd change a board for £80.
One property I went to they'd changed it and there were gaping holes on the top. The tenant informed me the bloke turned up in a car and even checked the rubbish In his recycling bin.

That was a big company that were doing these and they do other services to so one can only imagine the horror they leave elsewhere
We had a similar situation on the electric board i did my apprentiship with - despite charging roughly double what most did and justifying it "because our high standards" they then took on teams of "contractors" who turned up in rusty transits complete of course with towbars.... A callback on one of their installs revealed such delights as a pipe clamp on the water with enough 10mm attached to conveniently tuck into the ceiling and no more... Unsuprisingly the contracting side of said elec co doesnt really exist any more.

Personally I don't get why these pillocks work to such low standards. My cousins one such, he's a good plumber if he tries, puts boilers on the wall for £100 a day for someone else who creams it, then he laughs at me doing "unnecessary BS" like earth clamps. I don't even try to burden him with electrical theory, I just point out that conforming to "unnecessary BS" like earth clamps is why I drive a new van with air conditioning and heated seats to work and live in my own house with a plasma telly and different rooms to choose from and he rides a 125 and lives in his dads house, but it never really hits home. Regardless of ones own opinion on various regs and standards, conforming and being in it for the long haul pays.

Reply to E.I.C.R rant by arti electrical in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net