Discuss Earthing mat is making me ill ! in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Are you familiar with the significance of a resistance in the order of 100 megohms?

Hold up. I may have misquoted. It might be a 100k Ohm resistor as per this DIY guide...

Please confirm what resistor is fitted to your cord. I would like to discuss its significance but it is important to get the numbers right, as the ratio between a kilohm and a megohm is the same as the ratio between an hour and six weeks.

Please confirm what resistor is fitted to your cord. I would like to discuss its significance but it is important to get the numbers right, as the ratio between a kilohm and a megohm is the same as the ratio between an hour and six weeks.
This is the exact mat that I bought but it doesn't mention the resistor value. I've sent them a tweet and will update when I hear back...

Thanks bud!
S

This is the exact mat that I bought but it doesn't mention the resistor value. I've sent them a tweet and will update when I hear back...

Thanks bud!
S
So I got a reply, they're saying it 100k ohm. I've confirmed this using the multimeter set to resistance and connecting it to both sides of the cable and also Clint Ober (the original creator of the first grounding mat) has confirmed that he uses 100k ohm on his mats

If you think it's making you ill, disconnect it, roll or fold it up, and place it in the bin.
Then stay away from pseudo scientific drivel on social media or the internet, placed there by persons whose only interest is in parting you from your money.

Do you know The different between pseudoscience and real science? Because the grounding mat… is real science…. Studied for years… with research articles and clinical trials…. With results…. Positive results…..

Do you know The different between pseudoscience and real science? Because the grounding mat… is real science…. Studied for years… with research articles and clinical trials…. With results…. Positive results…..
Do you have a link to any of these studies?

I can see where the OP is coming from with the Earth mat and skin melanoma.
Whether it works or not is another question, to me it sounds a bit like the rife machine approach How to Build Your Own Rife Machine or TENS Unit - https://eternalspiralbooks.com/how-to-build-your-own-rife-machine-or-tens-unit/

Personally if it was me I'd spend money on the food approach, I wish you well OP!

Reply to Earthing mat is making me ill ! in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock