uHeat Banner - Forum Discount Available
This official sponsor may provide discounts for members

Discuss earthing of steel trunking in the Commercial Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:  American Electrical Advice Forum

hi guys just bare with me please still learning lol! if i have connected my steel trunking to the metal frame work via bush and cuplin and and the steel frame is earthed and i can prove continuity from my trunking to the steel work do i still need to earth my steel trunking and also do i need fly links to my lid thanks in advance 🙂

Electrical2Go - Online Electrical Supplier

Risteard

-
Arms
Esteemed
It's an exposed-conductive-part and therefore must be earthed. Don't rely on a fortuitous connection with a steel structure bonded to the MET.

davesparks

-
Mentor
Arms
Esteemed
No you don't need a flylead to each trunking lid.

And I wouldn't normally earth the trunking seperately if it is bolted to the DBs and numerous other earthed metal objects.

Risteard

-
Arms
Esteemed
Agree with Dave sparks on this one as should be well fixed with bolts to the DB with a Paxlin segregation between.
Yes, agreed also. I had read the OP as being fixed to structural steel.

Personally I would use copper links between lengths of trunking because it's the accepted practice here (even though they're not cheap).

davesparks

-
Mentor
Arms
Esteemed
Yes, agreed also. I had read the OP as being fixed to structural steel.

Personally I would use copper links between lengths of trunking because it's the accepted practice here (even though they're not cheap).
I have never seen the point, you fix the lengths together with steel plates then add a tiny bit of copper under two of the screws.

Risteard

-
Arms
Esteemed
I have never seen the point, you fix the lengths together with steel plates then add a tiny bit of copper under two of the screws.
Yes, but most specs here will demand them.

SuperlecDirect - ElectriciansForums.net Electrical Suppliers

Reply to earthing of steel trunking in the Commercial Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net

CK Tools :) The professionals choice when it comes to Electrical Tools
Top Bottom