Discuss Earthing Reading in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

I would write, board only fitted by myself, high zs readings upon testing, unable to carry out full inspection due to building fabric, all connections at db have been checked and are correct, r1+r2 readings are not enough when added to this Ze to cause this high zs.......additional protection by RCD is in place.

Well no your readings should be 0.23 if you did a figure 8 at the board and tested at each point on the ring?
Something don't add up to me and you need to have good results and thorough tests to prove the main earth is at fault, especially if you are getting good readings of .43ohms with the Ze?

I think as for the ring reading, you should go to each point of use, and take the highest reading, now if there was a spur of a reasonable length off the ring the ohms would be higher on this than a pure ring and this would be the value entered on the cert as proof of meeting the disc time.

J

But you have the choice as to whether you should power it up, this whole thread worries me.

J

With additional proTection by rcd is in place then 1667 ohms is the highest zs, we have 6ohms here, that's 1661 ohms less that the maxium.....although that is totally unrealistic zs and should be investigated but even then the regs states anything over 200ohms. So he has done everything to bs7671 here.

Last edited by a moderator:
With additional proTection by rcd is in place then 1667 ohms is the highest zs, we have 6ohms here, that's 1661 ohms less that the maxium.....although that is totally unrealistic zs and should be investigated but even then the regs states anything over 200ohms. So he has done everything to bs7671 here.

Sorry in advance! Thats a poor attitude to take. I can honestly say that i'v never left an installation like that. Something is obviously wrong so it needs sorting end of.

Reply to Earthing Reading in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock