Discuss Earthing in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

P

Peter Woodford

Hi chaps

A customer wants her old fuse board change but there is no earthing to gas and water have told her this needs doing but she does not want floorboard carpet pulled up do I just make a not on cert that customer didn't want it done

Cheers

DITTO !

Dont do the board unless Main Earth ..and Protective earth to gas & water are in place....
...would also advise P.I.R before commencing ..if not already done so { Dual RCD Board ?....Borrowed neutrals on lights etc ?

I have already said I can't carry out works unless this is corrected but just wanted to make sure. Just hope nobody else comes along and changes the fuse board for her

Peter, in all honesty and please dont take offence, but this is the most important part of ANY installation and its a question that you really shouldnt have to ask!

If they wont pay for bonding installation or upgrade then it is in your best interest to walk away.

After all, its your name on the certificate and you in the dock if it ever came to court.

Of course, you could always price for the CU change and include an amount to cover the bonding.

as above. dont even consider doing it without main earthing and bonding in place :eek:

thought you just passed your nic assessment:confused: you shouldnt be asking questions like this if you have :eek::eek::eek:
Also agreed ! imagine if this job is one of the ones the NIC chose to inspect on an annual ! :( sods law it will be ! Id remind her of the dangers that could happen and show her the regs book and if she wants she can call Building control or NIC etc

Last edited by a moderator:

Reply to Earthing in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock