Discuss Eaton BR panel: what are these brackets for? in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

vwelec

DIY
Reaction score
I noticed some brackets along the sides of two breakers in an Eaton BR panel board.
One is along one side of a 20A Type BR Combination AFCI breaker (labeled for the dishwasher and disposal), and the other along one side of a double 40A breaker (for the Range).
They look somewhat similar to a BR Type Handle Lockout, but they aren't blocking use of the switch handles.
They are really only effective at reducing accidental access to the switch handles.

Eaton BR panel: what are these brackets for? Panel0 - EletriciansForums.net

Breaker lock so the circuits can be locked out for servicing (LOTO) Lock Out Tag Out, most likely those appliances are hard wired, rather then cord & plug connected.

Breaker lock so the circuits can be locked out for servicing (LOTO) Lock Out Tag Out, most likely those appliances are hard wired, rather then cord & plug connected.
Yes, that makes sense. From the picture, I can't see that a padlock would fit through the holes, but a lockout hasp or tag surely would. I haven't ever seen this in a residential panel before. I guess I don't get around all that much.
Eaton BR panel: what are these brackets for? 220px-Lockout-tagout_hasp.sv - EletriciansForums.net

I noticed some brackets along the sides of two breakers in an Eaton BR panel board.
One is along one side of a 20A Type BR Combination AFCI breaker (labeled for the dishwasher and disposal), and the other along one side of a double 40A breaker (for the Range).
They look somewhat similar to a BR Type Handle Lockout, but they aren't blocking use of the switch handles.
They are really only effective at reducing accidental access to the switch handles.

View attachment 59574
That cover has to come all the way out even where it’s attached to the panel cover

Reply to Eaton BR panel: what are these brackets for? in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock