Discuss ECS mock test questions in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

E

elsparko

ive got my ECS test tomorrow so thought id give a mock test a quick go, how is it possible to fail these with questions like this

Q:6-Which of the following would NOT make a load easier to handle manually?
Mark one answer:

Painting it a bright colour
Securing the load so that it does not shift unexpectedly
Reducing its weight
Providing suitable handles or hand grips

Q:1-In hot weather which one of the following is correct with regard to safety helmets?
Mark one answer:

You can take off your helmet while working inside the building
You must continue to wear your helmet
You can drill holes in your safety hat for ventilation
You do not need to wear your helmet

Q:1-A colleague has drilled holes in the top of his safety helmet because the weather is hot. Is this:
Mark one answer:

Acceptable if the holes are small
His choice
Acceptable
In breach of legal requirements

:10-In which of the following ways should you wear your safety helmet?
Mark one answer:

With the peak raised to deflect falling material
With the helmet back to front
With the peak raised to give good vision
Square on your head, properly adjusted

I can see why these questions are so ridiculously easy. No one wants a complete moron in this trade. These questions filter out these people the quickest way. You know these people? The ones that cant count up to six without taking their socks off.
The half morons that do get through the ECS then have to work out how to read a book properly.
Now we're getting to the people that are really dangerous. The ones that don't know their morons.
They don't know. Not until they come on here and ask a silly question.
Then someone enlightens them with the cold hard facts

They do slip a few in the hardest questions i had were..

How frequentley should a first aider recieve training.
1 year
2 years
3 years
4 years

What height should a platform be lowerd to on a mobile scaffold tower before moving.
2 metres
3 metres
4 metres
5 metres

When I did mine I saw a guy just across the room sit down and literally 5 minutes later he stood up and left. I was amazed and overcome with respect for such an intellect, until I realised that I could see his screen from where I sat and it was clearly still at the initial login screen.
Perhaps he forgot how to spell his own name? :confused:

ive got my ECS test tomorrow so thought id give a mock test a quick go ...
:10-In which of the following ways should you wear your safety helmet?
Mark one answer:

With the peak raised to deflect falling material
With the helmet back to front
With the peak raised to give good vision
Square on your head, properly adjusted

Apparently this is correct -

ECS mock test questions IMG_1063.JPG - EletriciansForums.net

Reply to ECS mock test questions in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock