Discuss EICR classifcation remedial work form in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
Hi, just been called to do remedial work on a electrical installation condition report to correct some C2's.
My question is, is there a form or document I can give to note down the C2's I've corrected?
Thanks in advance,
Marky

I'm not an expert in this area, but what constituted the repair?
I.e. if the repair generated a MEIWC (for example) then I'd make a note on that....clearly you can't annotate the original EICR..
Hi Dave,
Ive taken a screenshot of the work that needs doing, do you recommend doing an MEIWC for each? the thing I've seen done before is someone using literally a home printed excel worksheet that looks like the 'section A - Observation' page and fill in the ones they've rectified and just put in 'satisfactory' but I guess thats probably the same person who did the EICR in the first place.

obs.jpg

Well that's what I'd do..but await further advice from the honourable members here gathered.....
There's quite a number of issues raised...some I'd disagree with. Eg car park lights....

Evening all. Been a while.

OP. As you are now working on the installation to effect repairs and those repairs are over different circuits and probably different DB'S, the best approach is to issue an EIC and make reference to the EICR in it. In the Extent of Installation section start off by writing "Repairs carried out to rectify C2 observations in EICR No:12345678. Then go on to detail them.

Your EIC can then be appended to EICR and it shows the original observations and then you rectifying them.

Evening all. Been a while.

OP. As you are now working on the installation to effect repairs and those repairs are over different circuits and probably different DB'S, the best approach is to issue an EIC and make reference to the EICR in it. In the Extent of Installation section start off by writing "Repairs carried out to rectify C2 observations in EICR No:12345678. Then go on to detail them.

Your EIC can then be appended to EICR and it shows the original observations and then you rectifying them.
Why on earth would you issue an EIC.

They will be alterations but wouldn't justify an EIC. An MWC for each job, not as if they're hard to fill out...

A cover letter and an EIC or MWC. Can sometimes be easier to issue an EIC than several MWC.
Why would you issue a cover letter, whatever that is and an EIC for works which at the very least require an Minor Works. If anyone offered me a cover letter it would be the last work I ever offered to them.

Why would you issue a cover letter, whatever that is and an EIC for works which at the very least require an Minor Works. If anyone offered me a cover letter it would be the last work I ever offered to them.
Quite a bit of Northern Ireland Housing Exec work requires one, depending on on the fold. Letter-Certs-Invoice then a longish wait for payment.

If remedials are across multiple circuits could either issue multiple Minor Works, or an EIC detailing the works. There is a multiple circuit Minor Works one floating about as well. Whatever floats your boat.

Hi Marky, I usually fill out MWC or EIC with reference to the report. I also email any notes or dismiss remedials not needed. However, I have had the odd letting agent wanting a report with satisfactory on it. I explain my certs will be fine or I will charge them to carry out my own report.
These letting agent always want something for nothing to cover their backsides.
Agree with you if they want a satisfactory certificate, explain to them that you will need to do your own EICR from scratch at an extra cost, and any further dangers you find will be noted on that cert, that'll make the burger cough a bit, bloody leeches.

A MWC for a broken back box replacement? Surely not...!

I would issue what I felt was appropriate to the remedial works carried out. I would not be averse to using a cover letter to state Items x, y and z of the EICR dated blah have been fixed/remedied/sorted.
I often state that the cover letter and any new schedule of test results should be appended to the original report. BS7671 isn't clear on what to do in my view, but as long the end result makes sense I don't see a problem.
It depends on the nature of the issues found, and they can obviously be very varied.

I recently had multiple lost CPC issues on an install with around seven class I lights. Had to re-terminate four of the lights to get the CPC good again. My cover letter stated the work I did, the r1r2, the earth loop, and IR tests. I think that is sufficent personally.

Reply to EICR classifcation remedial work form in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net