Discuss Eicr communal boards in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
Hi guys
I'm having major works being done on our flats by the council.
There is no periodic inspection lables on the boards in communal areas.
How many years is required between each periodic test??
Council said it an be up to ten years???

I sure it was no longer than 5.

Any advice would be appreciated???

Thanks all.

It depends on the person that designed it in the first place as to how often it gets a periodic.
Some places like factories will have a shorter time between tests than say, an office.
If it’s just lights and power in the communal areas, with no sign of vandalism or alteration, then 10 years sound about right. (My opinion, some might disagree)

Any emergency lighting or fire detection systems should be checked more frequently though.

Ok I will ask my insurance company.
Just weird that I thought it was still years but they seem to say no.
Also my lateral electrics from the incoming head to my my meter inside the flat are the Council's and that has never been tested but is pyro tho.
Just nended to know as I've challenged the council on all this,
That's for replies guys

Up to the last inspector to set the next inspection interval as they have the best idea of any issues that need an eye on them.

As above, insurers may have requirements

GN3 recommends five years or change of occupancy with routine check annually.

Reply to Eicr communal boards in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Trying to organise a CU replacement at home. It's a 1930s property. It's got a 10way CU but with no RCD protection. Was after a larger unit with...
Replies
Views
Hey guys, Im starting to put my company out there more. And this is all a new journey for me being an apprentice and now being qualified/2391-52...
Replies
Views
Hi all Called to do an EICR on a property 4 studio flats / bedsits within a single house. The t&e sub main to each flat runs within the fabric of...
Replies
Views
I was just about to book an EICR inspection for my property when the decorator said he didn't think the fuse board would pass. He said there was...
Replies
Views
Our company in the UK had its Periodic Inspection done over a year ago but now we’ve lost the EICR. We’ve contacted the company who did the...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock