Discuss EICR/PIR Shadowing for new DI in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Reaction score
Are there any sparks in the Rugby/Northampton/Leamington or Leicester area that carry out EICR's on a regular basis that wouldn't mind me shadowing one?

I'm a new DI and To be honest i'd be pretty comfortable carrying one out anyway following the form through (albeit not on the NIC form having not been assessed) but would be nice to see one done by a sparks who does them regularly to grab some pointers etc.

I'm Doing a board change soon so want to carry one out beforehand.

Haha no, doing the work regardless just I'm conscientious and never think I know everything, arn't we all one big community on here? :p

You may not want to fork out for the course just yet but the time and effort to pass the 2391-52 course will pay dividends, it wont be long before another register kicks in of people allowed to do eicr's... yes its more money but will stop some cowboys with no qualifications.

il have a look mate thanks, I spoke to the NIC and legally I can do EICR's I just can't use their forms as I've not been assessed by them but I can use the 7671 forms, as much as I agree certain courses are relevant etc I'm a big believer that it's more important the person themselves actually takes pride in their work, you can have people with no quals doing a far better job than those with quals, I was on a course with someone and I wouldn't let him near place with a crayon let alone a screwdriver.... he passed.

Reply to EICR/PIR Shadowing for new DI in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock