Discuss EICR test results schedule in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
This is slightly pedantic, so right up my street.
I'm filling out an EICR. The sockets are wired in 2.5 (apart from some in the kitchen that have been wired in 1mm 3 core and earth. Don't ask...) with a 30 amp 3036 as ocpd.
Forgetting the obvious C2's, the question I have is regarding the Schedule of Test Results. Under the columns that concern ring final continuity results.
Looking at it, the sockets were never wired in a ring. Because of this, would you put N/A in the results section or put >200 (or OPEN). I have already noted undersized cabling on the certificate. I warned you it was pedantic!

On a further note, just letting you know, it's a 3rd Floor flat. Ze is 187 ohms. TNC-S. On reconnecting the gas bond it changes to 0.21 ohms. And all those pesky little earth wires supplying class 1 lights and switches have been cut off. I must admit, they do tend to get in the way and everything works fine without them. Also saves having to change the wire in a 3036 when there's a live to earth fault I suppose.

Sounds like a rather joyous EICR all around.
Finding a Ze like that is strangely satisfying, telling the customer that the gas changing their supply to plastic would make their electrics lethal might possibly help them see the value of these inspections.
It would be interesting to hear how you get on with the DNO...

I'm also a bit intrigued, was there a PME sticker?

Sounds like a rather joyous EICR all around.
Finding a Ze like that is strangely satisfying, telling the customer that the gas changing their supply to plastic would make their electrics lethal might possibly help them see the value of these inspections.
It would be interesting to hear how you get on with the DNO...

I'm also a bit intrigued, was there a PME sticker?
Yes, it was a bundle of laughs. On the Observations and Recommendations I got up to 27 items. Could have done more, but got fed up.

Luckily unoccupied flat for rental.

PME sticker in ground floor mains room. Ze at origin 0.13 ohms

Reply to EICR test results schedule in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net