Discuss EICR's for Amendment 2 in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net

KevinH

-
Reaction score
A long time since I've used this forum.
My question is.....With the release of amendment 2 on 28th March '22, would an EICR on a purpose built student accommodation or HMO fail the EICR due to it not having AFDD's on the circuits feeding socket outlets if they are tested between 28th March '22 and 28th Sept '22 ?
I'm aware this will definitely be an issue after 28th Sept, but what about the "phasing out" period between these dates?
If the installation is tested between these dates, could the installation be tested under the previous edition (could I call it amendment 1?) until 28th Sept?
I'm asking this because I have a few HMO's to carry out EICR's on in the coming weeks and the landlord is the type to not want to spend money unless he has to, and these AFDD's are not the cheapest of units and as much as I would like to install AFDD's on required circuits, he won't want to unless he has to.
One more question....if the need for AFDD's in HMO's is mandatory as from 28th March, would code for the absence of AFDD's be a C2 ?

Your thoughts?

Use which ever one you want.
Thanks westward, I suppose it makes sense otherwise the old amendment wouldn't even be an option to use on the Fastest software.
So I guess until 28th Sept I can ignore the fact there are no AFDD's on socket outlets (or SPD's due to the mains powered smoke alarms) in a HMO then? and using the amendment 1 EICR forms, I guess I don't even need mention it.

You could use the amendment 2 EICR but know that the inspection will likely result in some failed aspects, that said there is the transitional period so I would be testing to Amd1, not Amd2, unless it's been constructed after amd2 coming out

My question is.....With the release of amendment 2 on 28th March '22, would an EICR on a purpose built student accommodation or HMO fail the EICR due to it not having AFDD's on the circuits feeding socket outlets if they are tested between 28th March '22 and 28th Sept '22 ?
I'm aware this will definitely be an issue after 28th Sept, but what about the "phasing out" period between these dates?
If the installation is tested between these dates, could the installation be tested under the previous edition (could I call it amendment 1?) until 28th Sept?
I'm asking this because I have a few HMO's to carry out EICR's on in the coming weeks and the landlord is the type to not want to spend money unless he has to, and these AFDD's are not the cheapest of units and as much as I would like to install AFDD's on required circuits, he won't want to unless he has to.
One more question....if the need for AFDD's in HMO's is mandatory as from 28th March, would code for the absence of AFDD's be a C2 ?

Your thoughts?
I asked my insurance company as I have an EICR certificate ,four years to run, am I covered for an electrical fire without AFDD they say not covered

I asked my insurance company as I have an EICR certificate ,four years to run, am I covered for an electrical fire without AFDD they say not covered

Welcome to the forum. Is your property classed as high risk? (eg. HMO etc.)

Your thoughts?
Council officer who inspected mine advises EICR for the five year period issued before AFDD became mandatory 28 September does not have to be done until next five year inspection. I now find my old working hard wired fire detection now has to be replaced with wireless system as the old wiring not now up to regs. £1200 for a four level house 6 units is an acceptable price. I am not surprised many are giving up on registered HMO business!

Reply to EICR's for Amendment 2 in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net