Discuss Electric combi boilers, NSH, electric radiators ???????????? in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

P

pete1721

HI there

i have just brought an investment property, and there is no gas in the village!! what would you reconmend
is my best option for heating and hot water?? its only going to be a small 2 bed property.
i like the look of the electric combi boilers but dont know any1 that has fitted them so not sure if there any good.
i dont really fancy the massive expense of getting oil boiler and tank installed. any advice would be great.

thanks pete

Have wired a few up over the past 3 yrs, they would be the way to go for you. Very efficient and produce heat very quickly. All the ones I've used have been around 12kw. Seems a lot of power at 1st but beleive me they are good, especially for the size of the unit.

are you sure this is a combi? Not aware of an electric combi on the market and 12kw would give p!ss poor hot water performance.

You could consider an LPG gas boiler (bottles and regulator) if you are not so worried about running costs, or an air source heat pump could pay for itself once the domestic RHI is underway providing the property is well insulated and suitable.

*off to try and find an electric combi*

multi-fuel stove with radiators. burn coal, wood, old furniture, matresses, , car tyres, shoes, any old scrap wood out of skips.

and swiftly back to confirm they do exist!

to make it worse I have worked on one before!

They don't operate in the same way as a gas combi does though, they have stored hot water underneath them, more like a y plan in a box.

Fitted an electric boiler in a 2 bed granny annex nearly 2 years ago (heatrae sadia i think) and the customer is very happy with it's performance.It wasn't a standard combi size, was nearly the size of a fridge freezer with water storage capacity (basicaly like an old immersion tank within the caseing) which gave the benefit of being able to use cheap rate electricity.

If i remember right the manufacturer give specific instructions about being on the right energy tariff (economy 10 or somesuch it was called at the time) for maximum saving's.

Far easier to use and control than nightstore heaters and cheaper to run than electric radiators/heaters.

Reply to Electric combi boilers, NSH, electric radiators ???????????? in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock