Discuss Electric Garage Door in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net

Y

YTSOxford

Hi all...
I'm helping to wire a newly built garage that is detached from the main house. The garage is 2story, and the bloke is going to use the upstairs as an escape from his family, pool table, sky tv, bar etc. The upstairs is having a firedoor and being fully plastered as is the ceiling of the lower floor.

So, for the fused spur for a door motor, should this be surface mounted to the ceiling in a patress box??? Flush mounting, with metal K/O box would look neater, but is this a problem with the fireproofing of the ceiling????
Thanks all!

Consider this, why does the isolator have to be near the motor?

Route conduit along ceiling - inline with backbone for neatness, from motor unit. Take conduit to a fused spur unit mounted on a wall to suit client's need. Pull 3 core flex through conduit, and terminate into replacement end.

No openings in fire rated ceiling.

Reply to Electric Garage Door in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

J
Hi all, first of all sorry if this thread is not in the correct section...wasn't sure? Ok so basically its not a problem, just wanted to hear...
Replies
Views
Bored out of my tree currently (for once chrimbo stuff sorted early) so trying to get the labour for this quote figured out... Been asked to do...
Replies
Views
SPARTYKUS
S
Customer has installed a single-room summerhouse (wooden construction) in his garden, triangular shape with two 2.5m long back walls. Wants me to...
Replies
Views
Engineer54
E
P
Guys, The 2 bed flat I recently moved into is all electric. It has a Hyco Instaneous water heater (rated 12.8kW - 53A at 230v), a Shower...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock