Discuss Electrical Car Charging Pointsw in the Electric Vehicles Advice Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

conrad

-
Reaction score
I have 2 x 11 kw Porsche units to install.
I have read through section 722 and couldnt clarify...
1. Anyone aware if theres a min/max distance from the unit the Rods should be installed?
2. Can you use 1 rod for 2 units?
If using 2 would need to link the rods to illuminate any difference in Potential between them as they may be close to each other etc?

Manufacturers instructions not very detailed either.

no min or max distance from the units, its often down to practical circumstances around ground conditions etc... if you need more than one rod due to a high reading then there are distances between them that need to be considered.

you can use one rod for both chargers, Might pay to have a small consumer unit/db for just the 2 chargers fed by a distribution circuit and tt this new board rather than trying to link up both chargers to one rod etc.. usually find it easier to then run just the one nice neat swa or h07 to the chargers.

Ye was going to put db local but wasn't practical in this situation with being 11kw each. I'll go with one rod between the 2 for now, in an inspection pit and bang another on top if readings arnt great. The SWAs are running on a tray around a court yard at 50M high level so easier putting 2 x10mm swas from the local 3phase DB which has plenty spares and there's room in there and on the tray for additions.

What size do h07 go to and does it class as a flex. The think the book only goes upto 4mm in flex for ccc?

that depends on which H07 cable you are talking about and how many cores you want it to have.
Somethign like H07 RNF is a flexible cable available up to 50mm in 5 core or 630mm in single core.
Or H07V R is standard singles and also goes up to 630mm i think.
The many other H07 cables you'll have to look up for yourself.

Reply to Electrical Car Charging Pointsw in the Electric Vehicles Advice Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock