Discuss ElectriciansForums and Google Homepage in the ElectriciansForums.net News and Updates area at ElectriciansForums.net

Dan

Staff member
Admin
Mod
Reaction score
A few years ago (actually, quite a few - tut I feel old now) I ran a car enthusiast website (and forum, of course) and the members requested that I made a homepage, with a Google Search facility on it, just like the one most of you (statistically proven) use as your own Internet Browser homepage - so the page that opens when you open Internet Explorer / Firefox / whatever, which apparently most use google.co.uk.

Anyway, the reason they wanted me to make one for them was so they could have links, or drop down boxes, just a couple, so it'll look like the white google homepage but with a couple of drop-down boxes going to websites we chose as a group.

Now I thought, wouldn't it be cool if those that wanted such a thing, could have a drop down box leading to supplier websites or electrical-related advice websites, perhaps a drop-down box for sponsors to stay supportive, and a box with our own websites in it perhaps.

So.... I put to you, if I made such a page, what links would you want to link to from the couple of drop-down boxes?

Cool idea mate.

I would say sites like all the part p scheme providers, the JIB perhaps. Online sellers like TLC, screwfix electricfix. A link to the actual part p document.

I made a sticky thread a while ago with links to the most popularly posted websites for reference on here, including some of the ones I've mentioned above. Also Jason has a sticky on part p and scheme providers which I also linked to in my sticky at the top of the general forum. Perhaps you could pick a few of these.

Cheers.

Clocked that post mate, thanks for the input. I'll let some more reply with link suggestions and perhaps get onto it then.

Reply to ElectriciansForums and Google Homepage in the ElectriciansForums.net News and Updates area at ElectriciansForums.net