Discuss Electricity to garage in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
Hi, can anyone advise me what it takes to have an electricity main run to my garage and who I should approach?

I own a garage in a complex of garages and would like electricity to be run to it, but my property is no where near to the garage, so I cannot take a feed from anywhere.

So I am after information of if it is possible to get an electric main run to an individua garage from scratch and who I should approach etc?

Thanks in advance

You could try your local electricity supply company, they may treat it as a new supply connection, complete with meter. Depends on what needs you have, you may consider a generator or even lug a few leisure batteries for simple lighting and the odd power tool using a small invertor.

You could try your local electricity supply company, they may treat it as a new supply connection, complete with meter. Depends on what needs you have, you may consider a generator or even lug a few leisure batteries for simple lighting and the odd power tool using a small invertor.
Thank you, I want to have sockets and lighting installed, so would want a permanent feed, not batteried or generators.

And this is the part where I will sound very thick, but for the local energy supply comapny, will that be a supplier that covers the whole area from the national grid?

When I did new housing developments if the detached garage was not part of the plot it was not allowed to have power run to it due to the council adopting the road etc.
[automerge]1569063087[/automerge]
Rethinking my last reply whilst it may be not permissible to have private supplies and services, public supplies and utilities would be allowed. Permission would have to be given and the ground would have to be reinstated to a given standard.

Last edited by a moderator:

Reply to Electricity to garage in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net