Discuss EM Lock Partially Energize in the Security Alarms, Door Entry and CCTV (Public) area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Reaction score
I recently Done wiring for RFID access control system which works fine all the functions perfectly,then when i do wiring for two em lock at frameless glass door and power it up the first em lock fully energize and the second em lock is partially energize and cant hold the strike plate. The first emlock works perfectly fine. The wiring i did for these 2 em lock is loop in the wire at emlock terminal+ to + and - to - then to 12VDC 5 amps power supply.
So what is the reason??? thanks for the electrifying help.

I recently Done wiring for RFID access control system which works fine all the functions perfectly,then when i do wiring for two em lock at frameless glass door and power it up the first em lock fully energize and the second em lock is partially energize and cant hold the strike plate. The first emlock works perfectly fine. The wiring i did for these 2 em lock is loop in the wire at emlock terminal+ to + and - to - then to 12VDC 5 amps power supply.
So what is the reason??? thanks for the electrifying help.
Without seeing the job or any drawings, you haven't wired the locks in series have you? just a stab in the dark.

Without seeing the job or any drawings, you haven't wired the locks in series have you? just a stab in the dark.
Never wire the lock in series. I wire the locks in parallel. The first lock is energize can hold the door then the second lock still have weak magnetic force which cant hold the door
[automerge]1573056515[/automerge]
My wiring look like this EM Lock Partially Energize lock - EletriciansForums.net

Last edited:
That's parallel - it'll more likely be a volt drop issue.....check if specced ac or dc,check current draw on mags,and duration.

That's parallel - it'll more likely be a volt drop issue.....check if specced ac or dc,check current draw on mags,and duration.
The both em lock is 12VDC in the spec and the mag in first one is stronger and the second one is weaker
[automerge]1573061541[/automerge]
Does the second lock work if the first one is not connected?
The both lock is working but the first em lock magnetic force is more and the second em lock magnetic force is weaker

The both em lock is 12VDC in the spec and the mag in first one is stronger and the second one is weaker
[automerge]1573061541[/automerge]

The both lock is working but the first em lock magnetic force is more and the second em lock magnetic force is weaker
Have you bothered to clean th magnetic pole faces?

Ok,so DC locks,what is the type and output of the transformer,what is the power requirement of the locks,and have you measured the voltage at the locks,while powered up?
Transformer output is 12VAC which convert to 12 VDC by bridge rectifier and the power is not stated in the lock datasheet or specification and the voltsge is same on both emlock
[automerge]1573064365[/automerge]
Have you bothered to clean th magnetic pole faces?
The both emlock is brand new

as previuos , i suspect volt drop or psu is not up to the job of supplying sufficient current to 2 locks. try patching in a second psu so each lock has a separate feed.

You will need to know,that the transformers and rectifiers,are correct in size and type,and that they are compatible with the locks.

Without the specification of the locks,measuring the voltage and current at their terminals,will only tell you if a difference,exists.

With no info available,i would have switched locks,to limit options of quest :)

as previuos , i suspect volt drop or psu is not up to the job of supplying sufficient current to 2 locks. try patching in a second psu so each lock has a separate feed.
yea that's the reason the second lock didn't have enough current
[automerge]1573095754[/automerge]
You will need to know,that the transformers and rectifiers,are correct in size and type,and that they are compatible with the locks.

Without the specification of the locks,measuring the voltage and current at their terminals,will only tell you if a difference,exists.

With no info available,i would have switched locks,to limit options of quest :)
When the frameless glass door installation, it's already fix with two em lock but the wiring is undone. The only spec is state in the emlock is 12 VDC

I would check the wiring,from the point it parallels off,to the emlock itself.

Resistance of each emlock,volts and current during operation....then a nice cup of tea...?

I would check the wiring,from the point it parallels off,to the emlock itself.

Resistance of each emlock,volts and current during operation....then a nice cup of tea...?
EM Lock Partially Energize B41F28F7-54EA-46F8-8CD0-6F6BFD9A288F - EletriciansForums.netThis is the emlock i done wiring previously. maybe the current draw in first is more than the second one.

600 Lbs Single Door Magnetic Lock with LED Electromagnetic Lock(JS-280S) - http://www.szjunson.com/sale-9118567-600-lbs-single-door-magnetic-lock-with-led-electromagnetic-lock-js-280s.html

Is the EM lock this one? Are they both the same?

Is the plate for the second lock perfectly flat against the EM?

Do you have a multimeter so that you can measure the current through each EM magnet and the voltage across each one?

At 12V dc, if the EM lock is as in the link, they each need at 12V a current of 450mA which is why I have asked you to measure both current and voltage.

If you have a multimeter, also measure the voltage across the output terminals of the RFID switch

Do you have any details of the 12V dc power supply and RFID switch? If you send me the details I will look up their specifications for you.

How far apart are the two lock sites?
My friend, I tried all possible thing to work the two magnet but still the second magnet is not working. I try did wiring for separate for two magnet even not working when connected to power supply. Even i use two power supply for each magnet, but still second magnet shows the same result.

Reply to EM Lock Partially Energize in the Security Alarms, Door Entry and CCTV (Public) area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock