Discuss Emergency lights or standard in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Fed via photocell too

The supply to the battery pack should be from the PL. When the test switch is in the test position then power is cut fooling the light into thinking a loss of power has occurred and the light should switch to battery back up. When not in the test position the batteries will charge indicated by, usually, a green led being lit.

The supply to the lamp, via the contactor and photo cell should be is the switched live and should go in the appropriate terminals on the light.

The supply to the battery pack should be from the PL. When the test switch is in the test position then power is cut fooling the light into thinking a loss of power has occurred and the light should switch to battery back up. When not in the test position the batteries will charge indicated by, usually, a green led being lit.

The supply to the lamp, via the contactor and photo cell should be is the switched live and should go in the appropriate terminals on the light.
Thanks understand a bit more now, I’m back tomorrow so will check the wiring cheers for your help

Go back to basics initially and check your incoming supply as per #22 it wouldn't be the first time a contactor ditches the PL, if the charge indication goes off when the contactor is off it is connected incorrectly but not necessarily at the fitting. If all this is okay you can probably assume the fitting/s are duff.

Right this is what they have now, I’ll do a drawing of what I think it should be and you guys can correct me if I’m wrong? Or any other solutions? Or if anyway has a drawing would be must appreciated haven’t really touched key switches I know it’s a normal switch basically or contactors

Emergency lights or standard 2AAC450A-6321-42C7-9315-1F8F86A0763A - EletriciansForums.net

To keep it simple think of the test/key switch as the main on/off for the circuit.
RCBO to key switch-leg 1

I would be happy to post a wiring diagram, would this fall foul of no step by step instructions rule?

Strima

The switched live side feeds direct to the led geartray 230v via the pins and the emergency/perm side go through the module witch should have a built in battery witch would power a second set of led,s on the geartray via the battery in the event of a power outage

Emergency lights or standard IMG_0960a - EletriciansForums.net

There are multiple ways of doing it, depending on exactly what function you want from the manual on / off switch and the photocell override switch.
but this is one way it could be achieved.

Strima

The switched live side feeds direct to the led geartray 230v via the pins and the emergency/perm side go through the module witch should have a built in battery witch would power a second set of led,s on the geartray via the battery in the event of a power outage
That just seems like a lot of faff...

To be fair all the 2D EM fittings I've dealt with were solely 2D with no additional LED lamps hence my comment.

Reply to Emergency lights or standard in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock