Discuss Energenie TRV heads not following Nest. in the Central Heating Systems area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Reaction score
Seems intermittent, some times as it should when the Nest thermostat changes temperature the 4 linked TRV heads change with it, but some times they don't alter, not an issue when temperature is dropped but it is an issue when temperature is raised as the pump is sucking on closed valves.

Easy cure is to program independently, but that rather defeats the whole idea.

Nest is not my field of expertise , does it all rely on Wifi signal from router ?
Thinking monitor for weaknesses , wet coats hung up ,or
sources of interference.
(Recently found out how naf my wifi was with my phone dropping out -audio streams wifi - with Blue tooth speaker connected ..
Or maybe just my phone is xxxx ! )

The wifi router is under the wall thermostat just 3 foot below it, the Energenie hub is sitting on the router, all three about centre of the house.

To alter on the phone it all works A1, turn up the wall thermostat and all the linked TRV heads auto change to same temperature.

However change with the PC or with a set schedule, and it's hit and miss, some times they follow, and some times they don't. The problem is if I turn up the temperature then the boiler is running, but TRV heads have not opened so boiler starts to cycle and pump may start to cavitate as TRV heads are closed.

So at the moment the TRV heads are simply set to same schedule as Nest or a higher temperature to Nest, never lower. So pump will not cavitate and Boiler cycling kept to minimum.

So my £45 Energenie TRV heads are not doing as good as a job as my eQ-3 programmable heads which only cost £15 each with bluetooth, but I find I don't use bluetooth once set up, I walk into room and press the comfort/Eco button which swaps from 17°C to 21°C until next schedule change.

So sitting in my bedroom at moment, eQ-3 TRV head set to 21°C the thermometer next to me says 21.3°C and old unused programmable thermostat other side of laptop shows 21°C so the cheap TRV is doing a really good job.

Rest of house target and current within 2°C of each other, and only shows whole numbers so likely closer.

Reply to Energenie TRV heads not following Nest. in the Central Heating Systems area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock