Discuss EON fit application nightmare! 8 months and counting.... in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Well I got my FIT contract back after just 4 weeks from Scottish Power.

Usual get out of jail free clauses regarding payments, however there is one little gem...
"We must receive this signed agreement back no later than 7 days from the date of this letter or we will assume you no longer wish to partake in the Clean Energy Cashback"
Date of letter 22/8/12
Date today 28/8/12
Second class reply paid envelope in pack.....

Hmmmmm:dunce2:

Yeah right.

Now I could phone them, but having done that a few times so far and found it akin to nailing jelly to the wall I decided to send it back by Special Delivery - it seemed easier sacrificing todays FIT earnings by paying for next day delivery rather than bugger about with SP's Microgen team again.

we have had 5 customers use Eon and its all gone smoothly (after the initial wait to get the Fit plan), our company system and my own system we ring up as stated above, if you email it in you have to wait. the last 2 payments made to the company i work for and myself a consumer were made within 5 working days of the meter reading being informed over the phone.

Ring it through dont email it is my advice definately.

Edited:

Forgot to mention, that the Co-op are now doing electric and gas and also FIT, our customer signed up for them for FITS and received his plan and everything setup within 3 weeks which was pretty good.

Right guys, finally after 6 months I have recieved my Feed in tariff contract from EDF together with my terms and conditions etc. On page 4 of my FIT Stateent of Terms, under sections 1.9 (fit payments) which I have to sign and send back, the Generation Tariff is down as 43.3p/kw with no mention of the 21p rate anywhere. My system was installed on 27/03/12 and registered on 29/03/12. Any ideas?

Right guys, finally after 6 months I have recieved my Feed in tariff contract from EDF together with my terms and conditions etc. On page 4 of my FIT Stateent of Terms, under sections 1.9 (fit payments) which I have to sign and send back, the Generation Tariff is down as 43.3p/kw with no mention of the 21p rate anywhere. My system was installed on 27/03/12 and registered on 29/03/12. Any ideas?

I Think you just got in because the goverment lost in court regarding the illegal FIT rate change.

2 choices.., say nothing, hope nobody ever notices, be quids in, but risk potentially having to refund the excess payments at any point in the future when the mistake is noticed... or inform them now about their mistake, so you then get what you're entitled to only, but know that nobody will ever be able to come along and take it off you.

I Think you just got in because the goverment lost in court regarding the illegal FIT rate change.

I may be wrong but I seem to remember the cut-off date for 43.3p was 3rd March 2012 (or maybe 23:59 on 2nd). Installations completed between then and 1st April could get 21p and avoid the EPC hassle.

On what grounds would they be able to take it off him, - they have notified him of the rate - is he expected to know it?
Along with all the confusion that went on around that time, he could well claim ignorance, and I doubt they would be able to get the ££ back, - I may be wrong, I'd love to see them try and get the money back at a later date though.. maybe not pay him / put future payments on hold until up to the value paid, but get it back ????

I may be wrong but I seem to remember the cut-off date for 43.3p was 3rd March 2012 (or maybe 23:59 on 2nd). Installations completed between then and 1st April could get 21p and avoid the EPC hassle.

You are correct, my bad.. Hell of a mistake by EDF.
Personally, I would keep quiet but put 1/2 of the payment in a ISA so you have the option to pay back if chased up for the overpayment

On what grounds would they be able to take it off him, - they have notified him of the rate - is he expected to know it?
Along with all the confusion that went on around that time, he could well claim ignorance, and I doubt they would be able to get the ££ back, - I may be wrong, I'd love to see them try and get the money back at a later date though.. maybe not pay him / put future payments on hold until up to the value paid, but get it back ????
the same sort of grounds as the government use to claim back tax credits they've over paid, probably something in the small print about checking all the information is correct before signing and returning the form.

You could be right that they'd just suspend payments until the overpayment was repaid, but either way it'd not be good to have that happen several months / years down the line. If they were feeling particularly harsh about it they could probably try to have you charged with fraud for good measure by arguing that you should have known the figure was wrong, and deliberately failed to tell them... as a worst case scenario.

Thanks for the feedback. I have now come to the conclusion the rate will be paid at 43.3p for the first four days of my installation and then revert to 21p from April 1st. Just one more question. Along with my contract I am sending in my first reading which is 2630kwh for the first five and half months. My terms and conditions state that fit payments will 'accrue from the eligibility date, or the date of the first meter reading if taken on such other later date'. So my question is which of the two will it be? One will mean no payment and the other will mean at least 580 pounds of fit. My opening meter reading was 8 when I filled the forms in. Thanks in advance

The first reading date will be the '0' Zero reading (or whatever it was) that you sent in with your application. So this is actually your second reading :)

Reply to EON fit application nightmare! 8 months and counting.... in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock