Discuss eStat 761 Underfloor Heating controller fault in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Soulsurfer

-
Arms
Reaction score
Hey all, Looked at an elements eStat 761 controller today as during loads of other jobs, customer said not been working for some time since buying the house. Checked RCD fcu and fuse, all good removed controller / stat and had 244V and yet nothing on the display at all, removed floor sensor cable and tested at approx 18 degrees in room, got 14 kOhm and 127 Ohms between L and N feed into controller. Can't find as yet any other websites listing any testing resistances etc.. for the system and just wondered if any of you knowledgeable crew on here had any ideas before I get a replacement make from wholesalers in case it's not the controller. Date on pub of unit was Jan '08 so may well be broken by now. Can't see it being a mat that has been sat under the tiles, but never really dealt with any of them. Thanks.

I replaced a eStat 761 with a 763 about 2 years ago. Couldn't find anything wrong with the heating mat or sensor and guessed that the controller had packed up. Fortunately for me I was right. They are about £95 inc vat

Thanks men, that's sound. Saw online only 760 or 763 so that confirmed my thought that the same functions plus extras on the 763 was the new version. There was another make in stock at the wholesaler but not sure if worth using it as a replacement one. Heat something or other. A bit cheaper too, prob all the same really I suppose.

There is usually a handbook for the underfloor heating where some values are entered for different stages of the installation, if you can get your hands on that it will put your mind at ease that it's just the controller. Fingers crossed for your customer that it is!!

Yep seen those before with the expected readings say at 20 degrees etc.. but guessing very unlikely to have the oem manual as think not been in the house that long and would've been already fitted. I'll ask her though.

Hey do any of you guys do an IR test on them then, I've always done a 250V when testing a fault then if as I was told is up in the megohms then a full 500V it's worked ok so far on any IR tests !

Reply to eStat 761 Underfloor Heating controller fault in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net