Discuss Esteemed Member Tag Now Available (Automatically Dished Out) in the ElectriciansForums.net News and Updates area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Dan

Staff member
Admin
Mod
Supporter
Reaction score
Okay, so I'm not a huge fan of tag. But I am of good content.

So here's a new tag that should encourage that. We've had it running on TilersForums.com and it seems to have worked a bit. People get it.

So this is based on your reactions to your posts.

First of all you'll need 300 posts to qualify. Else we end up with loads of newbies automatically getting it because their like/post ratios change so often.

Then you'll need to have a post per like ratio of 1:1.

So if you have 1000 posts, those posts need to have an average over them all of 1000. And then the tag will be applied within the hour. It runs every hour or so to check changes.

Out of the 6 'like' options we have, the first three on the left (so the heart and the laughing one) count as positive likes (or reactions). And the three on the right are neutral. Rather than taking anything away. I think that could be abused too easily.

So I'll leave this here and go run off and hide for a bit. And we'll see what happens in a week or so eh. :D

When the forum was upgraded a large proportion of the positive reaction count didn't come with it, is there any way to get those added back?

I know mine sat at over 1:1, and likes of Richard Burns, Risteard had way way above that from a lot more posts. Now they are around 1:0.5 :confused:

Thanks mate , that means a lot to me coming from you . :)
I think they will go soon though .

When the forum was upgraded a large proportion of the positive reaction count didn't come with it, is there any way to get those added back?

I know mine sat at over 1:1, and likes of Richard Burns, Risteard had way way above that from a lot more posts. Now they are around 1:0.5 :confused:
LOL. I can't remember what mine was but checked today and see that I'm not within an asses roar of 1:1!

Oops, seems to be broken. My rep/post ratio is still well over unity but the tag has disappeared. Something Dan changed under the hood, no doubt...

dunno about esteemed. atm i'm steamed. JD on the ricks and pizza for tea.

Edit: give it 20 mins and yours should come back, and a few other members should end up with it also. Possibly.

The ratio I'm going to keep quiet about from now on but clearly this forum needs them greater than 1:1. Plumbers and tilers both catch a lot of members at that ratio. That shows how much shyte is posted here amongst the actual awesome electrical content.

Hence the word minimum kinda stuff.
[automerge]1566928358[/automerge]
dunno about esteemed. atm i'm steamed. JD on the ricks and pizza for tea.
Oh no. Write down what you want to post on a pad and post it tomorrow once you've read it sober. Lol

My Ratio will go down after posting this message, unless someone likes it:coldsweat:
sitting at 0.994 or 99% but I haven't got any shiny new tags next to my name.
If you have moved the threshold down, it wasn't by a lot!!!

Edit: give it 20 mins and yours should come back, and a few other members should end up with it also. Possibly.

The ratio I'm going to keep quiet about from now on but clearly this forum needs them greater than 1:1. Plumbers and tilers both catch a lot of members at that ratio. That shows how much shyte is posted here amongst the actual awesome electrical content.

Hence the word minimum kinda stuff.
[automerge]1566928358[/automerge]

Oh no. Write down what you want to post on a pad and post it tomorrow once you've read it sober. Lol
I think a lot of it is down to that when the forum changed, the positive reaction counts didn't carry over properly. I know I had a better ratio than 1 post:1 postive reaction and other's significantly better, as alluded to in post #2.

@Risteard @Richard Burns I think had reaction scores of better than 1 post: 2 postive reactions, now they are more around 1:0.5 which is way off. No staff are close 1:1 but all would have been over it before the forum update.:confused:

I think a lot of it is down to that when the forum changed, the positive reaction counts didn't carry over properly. I know I had a better ratio than 1 post:1 postive reaction and other's significantly better, as alluded to in post #2.

@Risteard @Richard Burns I think had reaction scores of better than 1 post: 2 postive reactions, now they are more around 1:0.5 which is way off. No staff are close 1:1 but all would have been over it before the forum update.:confused:
Incorrect. They all did. And always have done. I don't change the forum unless I can carry those over. I was waiting for it to be possible before I did it. And did three trial test forums before live ones.

Don't spread rumours. They start small wars on here lol
[automerge]1566937330[/automerge]

Staff on all forums are low. We dish out warnings too much and close threads people want open. We take it all on the chin.

We also have automated messages that go out for birthday threads and things that hammer our counts usually.
[automerge]1566937394[/automerge]
@Lucien Nunes should be back by now so it's an error my end. I will take a look tomorrow in work.
[automerge]1566938854[/automerge]
Ouch. Is there a specific bit you disagree with lol

Last edited:
Incorrect. They all did. And always have done. I don't change the forum unless I can carry those over. I was waiting for it to be possible before I did it. And did three trial test forums before live ones.

Don't spread rumours. They start small wars on here lol
[automerge]1566937330[/automerge]

Staff on all forums are low. We dish out warnings too much and close threads people want open. We take it all on the chin.

We also have automated messages that go out for birthday threads and things that hammer our counts usually.
[automerge]1566937394[/automerge]
@Lucien Nunes should be back by now so it's an error my end. I will take a look tomorrow in work.
Nope, they definitely didn't carry over to the way it was before. The "Likes" maybe did, but all of the positive reactions in total did not. Used to have that little table of how many of each you had given, and received.
The old Like, Agree, Disagree, Informative, Friendly, Useful, and the infamous Dumb, Old, Bad Spelling

Nope, they definitely didn't carry over to the way it was before. The "Likes" maybe did, but all of the positive reactions in total did not. Used to have that little table of how many of each you had given, and received.
The old Like, Agree, Disagree, Informative, Friendly, Useful, and the infamous Dumb, Old, Bad Spelling
Who cares.

You really don't need your name in a different colour to make you worth listening to or not.

Maybe I see things differently to others, I also refuse to put a footer on my e-mail boasting of my company and position.

I did notice that with mine but never bothered about it.
Here is a screen shot from a post back in Feb where I posted my ratings.
Esteemed Member Tag Now Available (Automatically Dished Out) 1566943544927 - EletriciansForums.net

Back then I had more than my 3,181 I have now.
Hey ho... It makes no difference to me as I'm still waaaaay off the ratio.. :laughing:

Nope they definitely did. All positive ones were changed to likes. Then the likes processed on the new system.

Don't guess and then assume it as fact.

I did it myself with MySQL commands because I know what I'm doing, unlike some forum owners. :)
[automerge]1566944722[/automerge]
I did notice that with mine but never bothered about it.
Here is a screen shot from a post back in Feb where I posted my ratings.
View attachment 51698
Back then I had more than my 3,181 I have now.
Hey ho... It makes no difference to me as I'm still waaaaay off the ratio.. :laughing:
You have 3,229 now. That's about right if you total the positives up.

I think you are assuming there were more positives than there actually were.

There were and still are Positive, Neutral, and Negative (pardon the pun on a sparky forum lol).

I converted all positives for you all. On all forums.

They are true and accurate.

Only admins who had access to the backend of the stats would be able to say which had which status applied. Not a single member can.

So you are all assuming a guess you're making is a fact.

I am telling you, you are wrong.

Reply to Esteemed Member Tag Now Available (Automatically Dished Out) in the ElectriciansForums.net News and Updates area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock